Spider-Man: Rift Through Time

***Chapter 1: Time Variance Authority***

The portal led the trio to a vast room with dark grey walls. Most of the people around them wore bright grey jumpsuits while others wore the same armour the woman was. “Welcome to the Time Variance Authority” the soldier greeted, “or TVA for short.” Beside Luke and Gwen was a futuristic poster playing a video from another timeline. Luke looked and pointed at it. “What’s that?” he asked. “That is you” the woman answered, “in that timeline, Luke Knight married Emma Stone. They met on the set of Spider-Man. There, Spider-Man is a work of fiction.” The soldier’s radio beeped. “Follow me” she commanded. Luke and Gwen held hands as they were escorted through the highly regarded hall of time. 

The group entered a large courtroom with an elevated platform where a grand chair towered over the jury. In it, sat a man with dark robes. Its shade was darker than the soldiers around it. “Spider-Man, your timeline should be eradicated!” the man bellowed, “however, you did save the multiverse from destruction by the hand of Ernish. So, we will give you a chance. Help one of my men and you may return. Meet Miguel O’Hara.” In an instant, another man wearing a glowing blue suit dropped to the ground. On the mask were two symbols that looked like clawed question marks with the left one horizontally flipped. The materials shined like a sheet of metal, but it appeared to be cloth. Planted on the chest, laid a red skull-shaped spider that clung to stripes running down the forearms to arrows. The legs were extremely basic but continued the barely visible pattern of tiny triangles. From each forearm, sprouted two long spikes representing the fangs of a spider. A short, webbed cape hung from Miguel’s shoulder like a hobgoblin. “So, you’re Spider-Man?” he asked crossing his arms. 

“Yeah?” Luke confirmed cautiously. His eyes locked onto the sapphire agent. “Nice to meet you” Miguel continued holding his clawed hand out, “don’t worry. I don’t bite... much.” Luke shook his hand. “What's the mission?” he asked. “Since Doctor Strange” Miguel pointed to a handcuffed sorcerer, “messed up that spell, people and things from other universes have crossed over” Stephen looked at him. “He knows!” he snapped, “first Ernish, then the Sinister Six and other Spider-Men, and now this.” He pointed at the ground with anger as he yelled the last few words. “It’s time travel,” Miguel corrected, “we’re outside of every timeline.” 

“Whatever it is, why’s Gwen here?” Luke interjected. Miguel sighed. “I don’t know. B-15 must have brought her here. That’s her code. My apologies, Miss Stacy” he said. He tapped his wrist and another blue portal opened before them. “Okay, Spidey, suit up and we can go to our first anomaly” the futuristic combatant continued looking back to the young hero. Luke looked down to his unprotected body. “I don’t know about you, but I don’t feel suited for the task” he chuckled, “the armour’s battery is dead!” Miguel sighed and looked at the man in the throne. “Had to get rid of his suit?” he sighed. “Sweetie?” Gwen called out. Luke turned to her. Gwen pulled out his classic red and blue suit from her bag. “I have your suit here. Surprised it fit if I’m honest” she finished. Luke grabbed the suit and kissed Gwen. “I’m so lucky to have you!” he exclaimed. Gwen kissed his cheek. “Yes, you are” she giggled, pushing a strand of her hair behind her midnight hairband, “just remember to kiss me when you get back or I will pin you down and smother you with kisses!” Luke chuckled. “You’re going to be the death of me” he laughed, covering his face with the heroic crimson mask. Miguel’s hidden face shifted. He knew something. What is it? Will he share the dire destiny? Only time will tell. Luke patted Gwen’s back and jumped through the vortex. Miguel followed behind a few seconds later. 

***Chapter 2: Back to the Future***

Luke and Miguel collapsed to the floor in a long hallway with doors going to a variety of places. “When are we?” Luke asked, getting up. He looked around. Miguel tapped his wrist once more. “We’re in 2032” he answered, “which means--” The futuristic combatant knocked on a door. The door swung open and standing there was a Spider-Man. He wore a similar suit to Luke’s, but he was much older. “Oh hey, Miguel” he said, “who’s this?” Miguel held his arm behind the young hero beside him. “He’s you from the past” he replied. The mature spider stretched out his arm. “Welcome to your future” he greeted with a smile. “Thank you. Anything different here?” Luke asked shaking his hand. “Well, let’s see” the older Luke said, “we’re married to Gwen now. We’re rounding up the final few villains then settling down and having kids.” The boy’s future was interrupted by a soft voice coming from inside the apartment. “Lukie, who’s at the door?” she yelled. “I’m guessing that’s Gwen?” the young spider asked. The older Luke nodded. “Hey, we’re just about to sit down for dinner, want to join us?” The younger Luke smiled and nodded. Miguel led him inside behind the mature Luke.