(Before) First Day of School

Ron looked at himself in the mirror, adjusting his outfit a bit before smiling.

It was his first day at his new school. His mother recently got a part-time job at the bakery near their new home while her father had a new job as well. That's why the family moved to a new neighbourhood so it was easier for them to get to their workplaces.

His schoolbag was all packed up the night before. Ron was very excited and he hoped he would meet new friends.

After a nice breakfast, he waved goodbye to his parents.

"Do you remember the location of the school?" his mother asked.

"Of course Mom! We went there a few days ago to have me registered!" Ron called out.

"Have a nice day at school! Tell us all about it when you get home!" his father said. He was preparing to go to work.

As soon as Ron stepped out of his house, he picked up the skateboard lying near the door and ran down the steps to the pavement. The wind was in his hair as he rode his skateboard down the street. He saw other children walking in the same direction as him.

Soon enough, a huge building came into view. His new school!

He rode down to the bottom of the staircase leading to the gate, but before that he performed a trick by jumping off and landing on the skateboard again. Nobody noticed. Well, except for a group of boys.

"Whoa that is so cool!!" one of them exclaimed. He also had a skateboard with him and so did the other three boys.

"Oh! Thank you," Ron smiled, stepping off the skateboard and putting it under his arm.

"We've never seen you before. Are you new?"

"Uh, yeah! I moved here a few days ago."

"That's so awesome! What's your name?"

"Ron! You three?"

The boys introduced themselves enthusiastically as they walked up the stairs to the main door, into the locker hallway.

"Do you want to come over to the skate park near school?"

"There's a skate park??"

"Mhm!"

"I'd love to come!!"

That day, the group went there after school and had a fun time. The other boys were very talented and Ron was super impressed. He got home feeling very happy and talked to his parents about his day. His parents were glad he made friends that shared the same interests as him.

As Ron lay down in bed, he smiled to himself.

Best day ever.