Surrender (1/4) || 08

•••

•••

"ple-please let me go... i have kids waiting for me at- at home... i'll pay all your money in three days i swear!" the man pleads, already on his knees as he's wailing out tears of helplessness and fear. yet the cold eyes watching him don't quiver with any sympathy, remaining as cold as ice like he had never in his life felt anything.

the gun is pointed at the crying man, making him move back, pressing himself against the wall, shutting his eyes tight while pleadings still heave out of his lips, making the other almost laugh at the situation. before he pulls the trigger, he makes sure to lean closer, tilting his head at an angle and smirks, "your wife must be waiting for you. she was screaming like this too. what a shame your kids will have to return my money,"

"no! please leave them alone! i swear i'll do anything you say! please don't drag my kids in this!"

"you think?" he scoffs, "kids always get dragged in their parents' shit. too bad for you, goodbye,"

with a swift sound, followed by a thud even before the man got the chance to scream for his life, the bullet is already deep inside his skull only leaving splatters of his blood on the ground and staining his whole face, lying against the hard wall, lifeless;

"don't drag my kids in this, " the other grits in anger, putting his gun back in the pocket on the inside of his jacket and cracks his neck, glaring at the lifeless man, "bullshit,"

•••

next day

crime branch headquarters, seoul;

"another murder," taehyung walks in the room, earning several sighs from his colleagues who pull their eyes up to glance at him nodding in confirmation as heads further to the big digital screen in the front, grabbing the e-pen and clicks a few times to open a picture of an alley from last night, timed two after midnight.

a man is sitting dead, laden with a thick liquid all over his upper body and around him on the ground as it glows dimly with the streetlight beside the alley. the officers all hiss at the unpleasant sight, some returning back to the task they were assigned and some getting up to head out since it's almost lunch time now.

"jimin, what do you think?" taehyung asks, sitting on the desk near his friend who looks lost in thoughts, staring at the picture on the screen of the dead man.

"i don't know," he breathes out, shaking his head slowly, "but we gotta catch him this time, tae. it's the fifth murder in the last fifteen days,"

"it's jungkook, that's for sure," another voice says and jimin groans in response, lowering his head on the desk while taehyung pats his back sympathetically. the two nonetheless stand up straight, saluting the senior before slouching on the rolling chairs again.

"find him jimin,"

jimin's eyes snap up, not appreciating the elder's words as he grows frustrated every second and slams his hands on the desk, "i don't know! you have to stop treating me like i'm his accomplice!"