05: Like We Used To

EXCITEMENT,

EXCITEMENT,

A feeling of great joy and eagerness.

James was filled to the brim with pure excitement as he skipped down the hallway, toward the courtyard where he knew his best friend would be.

He decided to ignore the fact that she was ignoring him, and still went to her, hoping that she would share his excitement with him

As he approached the black lake, he saw her, reading a book and looking peaceful. She almost looked like a goddess. The sun was shining through the gaps in the branches of the tree and reflecting on her, making her furrow her brows but still smile at the feeling of warmth ever so often used. He unconsciously smiled and was about to call her before he saw him.

PARK. MIN. SUN.

James felt a sudden surge of emotions, he didn't know he could feel all that in a span of a second but he did, and it wasn't pleasant. He watched as PARK MIN-SUN put a strand of her hair behind her ear as she looked up to him smiling slightly. They both talked having no idea that he was just standing there, waiting for her to notice him. Like she used to.

Not wanting to stay there and watch them laughing together any longer, he went forward and cleared his throat.

That gained her attention, her face almost instantly wiped off any emotion as she looked at him blankly, "what, Potter?"

Min-sun looked up at the mention of the name "potter" and snarkly said, "here to punch me again, Potter?"

James stepped forward threateningly but Yoon-ri's voice snapped him back, "What. Is. It. James?"

Choosing to ignore her cold tone and the guy besides her who didn't look like he was leaving any time soon, he sat beside her and said giddily, "I just won the Quidditch match, like I always do, but this time, I caught THE SNITCH within SEVEN MINUTES! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?"

She looked at him and smiled sarcastically, "yeah, I heard, congratulations, Potter"

With that, she got up to leave, along with Min-Sun but James held her hand, determined to know what he did to make her act like this.

"Tell me what did I do?"

"You did nothing, what do you mean?"

"Then why are you behaving like this?"

"Like what?"

"Like this, like I don't matter to you, like I am another one of your friends, like-"

"Aren't you?"

"What?"

"Aren't you just my friend? Aren't you just like my any other friend? We both know you are. You are my friend and I am treating you like one, what's the matter?" (Min-sun: 👁️👁️)