The Plan

the first part of the chapter is in Elizabeths pov but her speech is normal text while Marcus is in itallics because I dont want to be saying stuff like 'I said, I replyed, ect.

~~~

"The plan is simple, you will get me a cheap cloak, dress and a wig to disguise myself with so no one can recognise me"
"Obviously"
"We leave during the engagement party when my father and Alexander are distracted, you will be in the garden waiting with a change of clothes"
"Where will you change? The bushes."
"Of course no one would suspect it. If anyone saw that I was gone they would look in my room or the bathroom or somewhere else like that, so its perfect. After I change we grab some horses and sneak out when the guards are switching as you so kindly gave me the schedule. We find a place to stay and then we work it out from there. Any questions? "
"Yeah, one why the hell am I paying for your stuff?"
"Ha ha! No don't worry I'm going to give you the money no need to panic."
"Well then time for me to go shopping then."
"Have fun!"

~~~

  Elizabeth watched Marcus after giving him the money needed and then some, listening to him grumble about having to do all the hard work despite him demanding to join her in running away. She chuckled to herself before getting ready as she wanted to take a stroll through the gardens to clear her mind of all the stressful things going on in her life. She is just walking down the garden path when a maid comes running towards her,
"Your highness you must come with me you have to start planning the engagement party. We only have five days to prepare." The maid said with a smile.
Elizabeth sighed and followed the maid back to the castle against her wishes to continue the walk so she could plan the party that would allow her to escape.

  Elizabeth spent hours choosing colour schemes, decorations, food and guests for the party and then had to do the same for the wedding as that would take longer to plan and they only had a month to do so. She also had to deal with Lord Alexander constantly nagging her her about his ideas for the wedding which were not very good. When it got time for her to pick bridesmaid's she marked down both of her sisters, she was about to move on to the next item when Lord Alexander approached her,
"Aren't you going to ask your friends?" He questions looking over her shoulder,
"Oh. I don't really have any" Elizabeth lied. She has friends, some that know about her meaning they would find out her plan and they would want to help her or try to talk her out of it which could cause problems since the more who know the higher the chance of being caught. As well as friends that don't know and if she asks them to be her bridesmaid's then leave her friends would be upset.
"That's unfortunate well atleast you have your family and soon you'll also have mine" The Lord replies with a smile which makes Elizabeth cringe at the thought of them being married. So to hide her distaste and het away from him she just nods and leaves to continue planning the key to her escape and the wedding that will hopefully never happen.

~~~

  After a draining 5 hours of planning Elizabeth could finally leave to go meet up with Marcus to make sure he got the supplies needed for their plan. She returned to the gardens, only this time she was in a more hidden area to avoid being seen. She stands in a clearing surrounded by rose bushes,
"Marcus where are you?" She asks rhetoricly,
"Right here princess" Marcus replys fighting through the bushes, laughing at Elizabeth as she jumps since Marcus scared her.
"Don't do that!" She whisper-yelps grumpily, stomping her foot angrily,
"Why not you look so funny when I scare you. Also here I got the stuff." Marcus replies, tossing a bag with her disguise.
"Thank you, now go before we are discovered and people think we have a secret relationship or something. Yuck!" Elizabeth states before running off to her room.

  When Elizabeth gets to her room she locks the door and changes. Afterwards she sits at her desk grabbing a pen and a piece of paper so she can write a note to her father so he knows what happened to her. She begins to writes:
Dear Father,
  I understand that you are hurt by my leaving but I had to. I don't love Lord Alexander nor do I love any suitor you may send my way, I know this is hard for you to accept but this is who I am and I will not return until you understand this. Until then I must say goodbye.
Yours truly,
                     Elizabeth.

  Once she completed the letter she put it in an envelope and hid it so no one would find it until she was already gone. After she hid the letter she went to the balcony to watch the stars. She looked to the sky and decided to make a wish since she had no other way to make sure her plan would work.
'I wish that my plan works' she thought before deciding to finally go to sleep after an unnecessary exhausting day. She got into bed and fell asleep worrying for the days to come.