Chapter 1: First Duel Pt1

It was only years ago when Jaden Yuki took down Darkness and freed everyone, graduated from Duel Academy and dueled Yugi Muto. After those times, everyone went down their own path in life. Sometime later, multiple duelists began to appear all over the world, wanting to enlist in the well-known academy. But that's not they're story, this story is about a young girl, wanting to be a great duelist. This is the story, of Lacus Ember.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I'M LATE, I'M SO LATE!" Shouted the hyperactive girl as she petaled on her bike as fast as she can. "Why didn't Mom or Dad wake me up!" She said to herself as she continued down the path towards downtown.

Meanwhile,

Over at a stadium, multiple kids and teens were all lined up Infront of the stadium. There was a banner that said, 'Duel Academy Enrollment Center.' At the back of the stadium, a young adult with light blue hair and a pair of glasses was currently sleeping. That was until a young woman with long blonde hair walked up to the sleeping adult.

"Syrus!" The adult, now named Syrus shot up on his chair before looking at the lady. "A-A-Alexis, I'm so sorry! I didn't get enough sleep last night because of the enrollment duels!" Syrus started to bow a lot of times. Alexis sighed a little before saying.

"I know, but you shouldn't be sleeping on the job." Then, out of the blue, Lacus came from the bushes on her bike before crash landing on the hard ground, with her bike crashing headlong onto a nearby pole.

"Owwwwww, that hurt." She said before getting up while dusting herself off. Both Alexis and Syrus looked at each other before back to Lacus. Alexis was the first to speak.

"You okay?" Lacus looked at the young adult before nodding. "Yep, just running la-." She couldn't finish her sentence as she remembered something. "AHHHHHH! I'M GOING TO BE LATE! DO YOU KNOW WHERE THE ENROLLMENT IS HAPPENING?!" She shouted. Clearly, she was in a panic, Syrus stepped up before saying.

"It's actually here Miss. Are you interested in coming to Duel Academy?" She looked at Syrus, luckily, she snapped out of her panic attack due to Syrus saying the enrollment was here. Then, she just realized something.

"OMG, Your Alexis Rhodes and Syrus Truesdale! Ah I'm so sorry I didn't recognize you both. My brain was clearly not thinking straight, since I was late because my parents didn't wake me up on time, so I had to hurry here, but by the time I left home I forgot my deck, so I hurried back home to get the deck so now I was even more late. Then I-."

She was clearly going to keep going if it wasn't for Alexis cutting her off. "Easy there, I think we understand your situation. But I think you should get going inside. You still have time before it ends." The Rhodes said. Lacus quickly nodded as she grabbed her bike before hurrying to the front. As she was doing that, she waved to the young adults with them waving back. "Oh, and my name is Lacus. Lacus Ember!" She said before leaving to the front.

"She has a lot of energy. We need that at DA." The young Truesdale commented. Alexis nodded before looking back at Syrus. "Do you got somewhere to be?" She commented as Syrus panicked before he rushed to the front. Alexis smiled before making her way inside of the stadium.

Inside the Stadium

Multiple duels we're happening all over the place, ones just starting and ones about to finish. On one of the arenas, a duel was ready to wrap up. "Time to finish this, Digital Partner- WarGreymon attacks you directly with Great Tornado!" Declared a girl with long drak brown in a ponytail as her Monster started to spin rapidly before charging towards the examiner's Monster, destroying it.

"Ahhhh!" The examiner was sent flying by the attack, decreasing what remains of his LP.

Examiner LP:0