・ XXIII ・

「feb 2019」
📍CALIFORNIA

a/n
Some artists/songs are
missing from what was
the 61st Grammy's
line-ups
Also I have tried to make
it as accurate as possible
but sorry if it's not 100%
Timelines of some events
have been changed
Credit to Billie Eilish for
the performance later in
this chapter

────・⋅◦⋅・────

» Ash's pov «

I sat in the back of a blacked out sedan, blissfully unaware of the world around me. Between stressing about loosing Flo as a friend, releasing a song, arranging collabs and everything else for my new album (including the music video for 'boyfriend.'), I barely had time to sleep. All my friends had been exceptionally helpful, especially Ezra who was not only sorting things for my new songs but also making sure I was eating and not spiralling to much. Because of this and their help on my nominated album, they were my date for the Grammys. They had their own invite too but we both had a pact that the first time we collaborated properly we would go together. Neither Silas or Bella were hurt by my decision though, hosting a viewing party with Chris, Tom, Zendaya, Seb, and Tessa (who we had all become closer to after New Year's).

"Ash, they have all this free stuff for us to eat and drink back here and you're off in your own little world. Gotta fuel up so you have the energy to carry all those heavy awards you're going to win" Ezra commented, breaking me out of my thoughts.

"Hmmm, while I'm not sure if I'll actually win any of them, I probably should have a snack before we arrive"

I grabbed a bag of jelly sweets and a bottle of water, making sure not to spill anything on the vintage deep green Versace minidress or matching medusa heels. The silver accessories really tied the look together, some encrusted with emeralds and diamonds, but also had a tendency to get catch on things which made me wary. Ezra had taken the time to get a matching green pocket square to go with their suit, the rest of their look being completely black.

Ezra tried to hand me more food, but I decided against most of the other snacks, not wanting to risk things like the chocolate as I was singing later in the night. The offer to perform came as a last minute change, Ed Sheeran having to cancel after getting stuck in London and having to cancel. I was quite excited though, as this would be my first televised performance ever and the first time singing in front of a proper crowd. Taylor and Harry had both promised to cheer as loud as they could when I finished and Ezra would be playing drums along side me singing and playing guitar which was nice. The practice runs had all gone well and all the visuals and special effects were working with my plan. I had decided to do 'happier than ever' as it was one of the songs I had nominated and had the highest number of streams.

"Okay Ash, we've made it. Before we get out of the car, I just want to say thank you for taking me with you for all of this and no matter what happens I'm insanely proud of what you've achieved"

"Ez, you know I wouldn't have done all this if it wasn't for you. The support you've given me and everything you did for this album is a massive part of why we're here. I can't wait for what the future holds, but I'm glad to know you'll be right there with me"

We unbuckled our seatbelts and pulled each other into a long hug. We had both made sacrifices and helped each other get to crazy milestones in our careers, but this was probably the first times it had lead to awards of this scale, definitely for me at least. Of course I appreciated all my friends and what they had done for me immensely, but the bond Ezra and I had when it came to both our music careers was different. Especially recently when they came over and just let me vent and pour my heart out into songs, allowing me to use my words to create music instead of judging me.