Baseball day

A few days have passed since I met Finney and became his friend, let's just say I don't regret it as much as I thought I would.

"Griffin!!! Play baseball with me, Please!!!"

"I'm busy" 

"With what? It doesn't look like you're doing anything." 

Sighing, I close my book and look up at finney. 

I didn't say anything though due to the fact that I wanted him to leave me alone and I definitely did not want to play baseball with him.

"Come on please! I invited Robin and I wanted you two to meet."

"Robin as in the guy who beats people up for looking at him the wrong way no thanks."

"He's not like that. He is actually really nice once you get to know him." 

I see Finney start to move around his bedroom searching for something. I think it's pretty funny how he only knew me for 5 days and has already invited me over to his house. 

"What are you looking for?" I said while getting up from his bed, softly rubbing my eyes and yawning in the process.

"I'm looking for my mitt." 

"Mitt?"

"Y'know, the glove thingy that you catch the ball in, I'm going to teach robin how to use it, and hopefully he'll want to join baseball so I can have someone to practice with all the time." 

"Yeah, he's definitely not going to be able to join with his fighting record."

"I found it." 

Finney said before looking up at me, there was a long pause before we both started to laugh at who knows what, when suddenly the door swung open revealing Finney's little sister gwen.

"Finney!!! Come play Barbie with m-"

Before Gwen could even finish her sentence Finney was telling her to get out of his room while pushing her out and ignoring her complaints.

"I don't play Barbie with her…"

Finney said scratching his head while standing awkwardly, I just smirked and walked out  the door.

"Griffin, wait up!!" 

I turn to see Finney with his baseball bag running out the front door, quickly closing and locking the door before running up to me.

"Okay let's go!!"

I only nodded and started to follow Finney because I had no idea where the baseball field was. While walking there we started talking about the randomest things, one of the topics being "does pineapple belong on pizza?" Let's just say we ended up arguing the rest of the way.

Once we finally made it to the baseball field we ran into Robin.

"Took you long enough Finn"

I turn my head slightly to look at Finney who is obviously blushing and saying words that I'm not bothered to pay attention to.

"Hey you must be Griffin, I hope you know I'm Finn's best friend and that will never change."

"Robin don't say that, that's so mean."

I gave both of them a small smile before I started looking around. I quickly spot Bruce Yamada who is weirdly talking to Vance hopper. They started hanging out this past winter and have been inseparable ever since. Since they became friends Vance has got into way less fights over stupid things like someone bumping into the pinball machine. They're definitely an odd pair.

I was going to turn back to Robin and Finney and join in on whatever lame conversation they're having. That's when I saw someone who I thought I'd never be in a 20ft radius of.

Billy showalter.