𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮 𝙏𝙬𝙤

Hi everybody!!

I hope you're all doing well and are ready for a new update hehe. It's been a while!! Thank you for 30k reads, that's crazy!!! As always enjoy the chapter!!!

Vote, Comment, And Add This Story To Your Reading-lists And Libraries For More!!

- Syd

« Edwards Point Of View »

"I think we best let her sleep." Carlisle said, his voice perfectly conveyed his intent to soothe. He put his hand on my shoulder, which I sorely nudged away. Alice sighed, her thoughts were so put together; they flowed so smoothly. Perhaps that's a perk of existence when you can see what will happen with such certainty. Alice didn't need to worry about what would happen to Bella. She had confidence in her visions, despite Bella's unpredictable behaviour that could easily lead to a change,

We knew she'd wake up with a headache. Maybe a migraine, and it would be so splitting she'd be visibly irritated. She wouldn't speak a word about it, not to me at least. She would hold her head up with pride, likely rejecting any form of medication or treatment I could possibly offer her, and would march right past me for a cup of water, probably huffing and puffing with great disgust, offended by my desire to be in the same room as her at the very least.

She would be angry, which I didn't understand. It would simply not be logical for Bella to be upset with me. Although in her eyes I was her current tormentor. I was the bad guy who lied, and made her feel crazy and out of control. She will never know that it's only in my nature as a vampire, and hers as a human to be afraid.

Her fragile human mind, subconscious or not, simply could not fathom the concept of a her natural born predator, or in her eyes, a most frustrating and unwanted companion, could possibly be looking out for her.

It was alright though. For now, I was sure that I could play the bad guy. I would be the bully, or the grump, or the nightmare she dreaded, or the villain in her story. It wasn't difficult, in fact the role came relatively easily. It was only in my nature.

In time, one of two things would happen. Bella would grow to love me the way that I loved her, and accept me as her protector. Otherwise, Bella would leave me, and find another form of protection. As long as it wasn't one of those.... Wolves.... I would be able to live with that.

Edward.

Alice's thought called me from the trance I had slipped into.

She will be upset when she wakes.

"Of course she will be." I grumbled, my forehead finding its way into my palm. Carlisle's hand found my shoulder again, and this time I allowed the comfort.

"Perhaps Alice should greet Bella when she wakes up." Carlisle suggested. I glowered at the idea. It was my job to protect her, even from herself. That included ridiculous hangovers.

"I should have never allowed her to go to that party." I stood up, frustrated, the venom seemed to pump through my mind as my thoughts slipped into a slightly darker place.

Bella would only ever get back into trouble if I let her out of my sight again. She had to remain with me.

I wasn't sure how to make it happen. My inner monster wanted me to act as an evil captor, locking her away in a tower with no doors, guarded by a mile of poison thorn bushes. There we could live together at peace. At least then she would be safe. Her only treat would be sharing a tower with a vampire until the end of time.

The only problem with that plan was that would never find peace if I held her against her will. She wouldn't even find peace in the morning when she woke in my bed. There would be no acceptance of my help. That's why, I had only one other way. I had to win her heart, and her mind. I needed her to trust me again. I needed her to relax in my presence.