What I Want To Do

I make my way to the kitchen and start preparing breakfast. I know what Satanick likes, he wants me to make it at least once a week. I giggle as his soft voice echoes in my head: "Sweetheart, can we have pancakes? You know they're my favourite. Oh, but don't you think about forgetting maple syrup~ ♪"

"Satanick!! Breakfast's served, come on!" I sit down at our table out on the balcony, watching him happily run over. "Breakfast out here, huh? And my favourite! You really do know how to please a man~!" I laugh softly as he sits across me and quickly starts eating.

Realisation strucks me as I remember what I was supposed to tell him. Putting my cutlery down, I take a deep breath and start speaking. "Satanick, I... I'd like to talk to you about something, if it's okay."

He finishes his mouthful then looks at me with a dumbfounded yet mortified look. As if he knows what's going on but has to act fool about it. "I'm all ears, darling."
I just don't know how to break it to him.

"I've been noticing some... behavioral changes with you, if you will. You think something's going on that you haven't told me yet?" I grab his hand but he quickly lets go in a panic.

He lets out a hearty laugh, but I can tell he's trying to push aside his discomfort. "Hahah! Oh, you're a funny one, you!!" He continues eating and attempts to shift the topic. "So, you wanna go anywhere today? Anywhere I can take you? Let's spend the day together, no?"

"That'd be wonderful, S-!" I then realise I'm being lured to change topics. Clearing my throat, I look at him sternly. "...Sorry! Maybe another time. I wanna stay home talking to you today." I get up, start carrying the finished dishes into the sink as he nervously walks into the living room.