ONE

Draconis Lucius Malfoy wondered if fate ever had it out to get him. For the love of Hecate, couldn't Potter just settle down for once in his life? It certainly wasn't the first time he perceived the boy to have nothing stuck between his ears yet currently; fate was really testing his patience.

"Did you hear," Pansy Parkinson began, sitting down across from him at the Slytherin table, "The Potters will be handling Gryffindor this year?"

"I'm prepared for the loss of points." Daphne Greengrass spoke up next to the black-haired beauty. Her eyes wandered over to the table the staff occupied and stared at James and Lily Potter. "There also seems to be some tension, wonder what happened?"

"Hadrian moved out during the break, worse is he drugged his brother with him." Theodore Nott informed, causing all eyes of all who had heard to look towards the Ravenclaw table, where Hendrik 'just Henry' Potter sat. His red hair appeared more manageable compared to his two years elder brother and his manners much more acceptable as well as his house.

"How did you know this before me, Theo?" Blaise Zabini spoke quietly as they all turned to stare back at their food, not that any of them ate much of what was served. 

"He certainly has more ears around compared to you." Draco joined in before a sneer pulled on his face, a certain trait he picked up from his godfather much to his mother's disdain of it, she was rather amused by it at times as such none of them were worried.

"What do you want Potter, came to gloat at having your parents within arms reach for the rest of the year?" 

Hadrian Potter, Gryffindor's golden boy, stared at the gathered group of five sitting at the centre of the Slytherin table. He waved his wand, casting a muffliato spell. "I need your help." He stated green meeting silver, he was determined to get answers, in spite of the methods he'll have to utilize.

"What are we to gain from assisting you, you most certainly don't have the required assets to please," Blaise commented, the smile on his face too sharp to be friendly. None of them really hated the boy, but for appearance's sake; it was deemed fit not to get mushy with any Potter, nor their allies, for the time being. Except for Draco, of course. The guy harboured a deep hate for any with the surname 'Potter', and all he'd hint at was 'it's a family matter'. Blaise was convinced they had a blood feud instated recently yet from Harry's approach, that might not be the case.

The boy dug under his shirt and pulled out a locket, "I'm certain this would be of importance to the Dark Lord." The reaction that followed wasn't one he was expecting. He knew they knew, even though he doubted some like Daphne and Blaise may have information on the topic, with their families claiming neutral to the war. Draco's raised eyebrow and amused look certainly put things into perspective. He had after all been one to wander into the serpent's nest, he had no control over the set situation. It was daft of him to believe he did.

"Sit down, Potter, what is it that you need?"