〘 - 𝟐𝟎: 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐦𝐩𝐚𝐠𝐧𝐞 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐦𝐬

a/n
this is colette's dress for nye if u don't like it u can always envision something else
also these next three chapters will be picked up in speed

a/nthis is colette's dress for nye if u don't like it u can always envision something elsealso these next three chapters will be picked up in speed

━━━━━━━━┛ ✠ ┗━━━━━━━━
📌 NEW YORK
Manhattan Hotel
1957
MISTAKES ARE INDEED PRESENT
━━━━━━━━┓ ┏━━━━━━━━

RUTH OPENED THE door to Elvis standing there in the doorway with a box of chocolate and small bouquet of flowers in his grasp.

"She still asleep?" he questioned in a low whisper.

"If she wasn't, she'd be the one answering the door." Ruth took a small step back to allow for him to walk in. "How'd you know what room we were stayin' in?" she paused. "Please don't tell me that you bribed the receptionist or somethin'."

Elvis set the box and flowers down on the nearby coffee table as he carefully eyed Colette's sleeping form that was facing the wall, slipping his jacket off and tossing it down as well. "Then I ain't goin' tell you." he toed off his shoes and made his way over to the bed.

Ruth groans inwardly, bringing a hand up to pinch the bridge of her nose. "Do you understand the gossip that's gon' come out of this?"

"I'm well aware." Elvis lightly glared at the middle Campbell as he carefully laid down on his side beside Colette.

"'Elvis Presley searches for the Campbell sisters room with roses and chocolate'." she mutters in a newscaster's voice before a deadpan appeared on her face. "Are you fuckin' stupid? Do you not think—"

"Of course I don't think when it comes to her!" he seethed in a low whisper at an attempt to not awaken her. "Sh—She was upset, cryin' to me on the phone, and I just..." he trails, breaking eye contact to look down at the girl as he moves a curl from out of her face. "I couldn't bear just sittin' around in Graceland  knowing that she was in distress — hurts my soul when she's troubled."

Ruth's icy demeanor fell as she let out a berated breath, a small frown appearing on her lips. She then grabs her coat and wrapped it around herself, looking at Elvis sternly. "Listen, I gotta go meet up with Elizabeth downtown. Just...be careful, please? The last thing that we need is the tabloids finding...this out."

As if they don't already know.

Elvis gave her a stern nod before focusing his attention back on her sister, delicate fingertips gently running across her sharp cheekbones.

Ruth smiled a bit at the scene before backing up towards the door and leaving the room, shutting it behind her.

The sound of the door closing and the extra weight in the bed caused for the youngest Campbell to stir.