【 ♛ 65: 𝑊𝑎𝑡𝑐ℎ 𝑀𝑦 𝑇𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑠 𝑅𝑖𝑐𝑜𝑐ℎ𝑒𝑡

°•. ✿ .•°
PART ONE
📌 LAS VEGAS
1973
MISTAKES PRESENT
✿°。                          ✿°
   .❀。• *₊°。 ❀°

"What the hell are you doin' here?" she questioned with wide eyes.

"I was getting one of my little ladies a dress." he lied with a smirk.

"So that's why you were staring at me?" she said dryly — sarcastically.

Elvis rolls his eyes a bit and chuckled. "I wanted to see you..."

"And...?"

"And to ask you out on that date." he gave her a charming smile.

"You really are a knuckle-head, aren't you?" she said cynically, running a hand through her scalp. "Was me runnin' away from you not only once, not twice, but three times not enough for you to get it? Is it gonna take a fourth time?"

"I'll just chase after you until you say yes."

Colette let out a sound of frustration, flailing her arms around. "Why can't you chase after a busty blonde white girl? Why bother me?"

"Because i'd rather chase after you." he spoke deeply as he took a step closer which caused for her back to hit the wall of the small dressing room. He leant an arm above her head against that wall, nearly caging her in place. "Say yes."

Her knees nearly buckled at the expression in his eyes that looked almost desperate but she groaned and rolled her own. "Stop lookin' at me like that."

"Like what?" he asked cluelessly.

"Like that." she pointed a finger up at his face. "Like I just killed your pet fish."

Elvis laughs as he grabbed her finger with his free hand, coaxing her hand open so he could hold it. "You're makin' me feel like you did."

Colette let herself fold slightly, intertwining her fingers with his own. "Why are you so adamant about takin' a girl who you just met, out on a date?"

"Because I just..." he trailed off shaking his head with a gentle smile. "You're different."

Her brows rose up on her forehead and he realized how that sounded.

"Wait no." he shook his head quickly as he squeezed her hand. "That ain't what I meant and you know it."

Colette gave him a dirty look before rolling her eyes a bit. "I'm black and you're white.."

"Yeah?" he spoke with confusion laced in his deep voice.

"Um...you could get jailed or even worse killed for just being round' these parts — for being round' me." she emphasized.

"People want to kill me simply because of the way I move, do you think I care about em' wantin' to kill me over taking a beautiful girl out? I'd die a happy man."

"I could be put in danger."

"Not if we go on a date round' here." he said with a mischievous smile. "Just..." he trailed off in a whisper, leaning his face closer to hers. "Say yes, mama."