Chapter 1: The Garden.

"Evanora... excuse me..." a petite girl with rough hands shakes the sleeping body of the witch on her shoulders gently as she could.

The witch that came to her home just last night groans in her sleep not knowing there was someone else in the room.

"A few more minutes." she pleaded, taking the pillow by her side and covering her head with it.

Rowena giggles at the sound of her voice being sleepy.

"Alright. I will be at the garden if you need me." she told the sleeping girl and went on her way picking a dress that was in her closet.

Mother gave her that dress when she turned fifteen. Many compliments were heard that day, and she hoped that the witch would tell her she looked good in it as well.

She found the basket that was hung on the wall, her attention coming back to the unexpected visitor.

It was rather a surprise, a kind witch visiting her sullen tower.

Her mother's tales of witches were not kind, she heeded it as a warning but little Rowena surely did not believe that entirely. As much as she loves her mother, perhaps she lived a naïve and trusting life.

Rowena was blind. Yet she didn't mind. To see the world was just a wish, under the stars she always hoped but why is it they never come true?

Her hands were placed on her tower wall looking for specific marks that would tell her the way.

Whether it was a gift of blessing or a curse, she sometimes envied those who could see but never held a grudge.

Losing her eyesight meant that she relied on her other parts of sensory.

Her sense of smell was as strong as a dog's, the hearing and her instinct of trust on herself was far greater than a normal human.

Like last night, before the storm came she felt the wind changing its tides and her nose picked up that a storm would come.

She moved all that she could that was important outside in a hurry praying that her plants would survive the harsh night.

The wind was rather angry, the birds were flying to safety and the animals were in a frenzy to be in their homes to hide.

"I do hope my tomatoes are well." (Rowena) found the marks she needed and the door for the stairs on her tower. She could feel the key in her neck dangle as she holds it excitedly, feeling the knob and the keyhole she inserts it in.

Click!

With the sound of the door opening, she places the ring of the basket by the arm and downwards to the stairs of the tower she went to.

Drip... drip...

"It seems that the inside of the tower is still not dry." she used her bare feet to walk through the stairs feeling small puddles of water on her skin. Her other hand paved the way outside, using it as a guide feeling the marks of the wall.