Chapter V : Chaos In D.C

Carina woke up to a white ceiling. Blinding light and the smell of chemical immediately assaulted her senses. She covered her eyes and cringed from the strong smell.

She could hear Fury's chuckle on her right, before the bright light dimmed. She glared at her guardian.

"Do you mind explaining what happened?" Fury passed a glass of water to her.

Carina frowned, mind still a bit hazy. Her eyes finally lit up in understanding. Gulping down the water to relief her sore throat, she finally spoke.

"Oh. That Loki guy? I noticed he was being controlled by someone. Went inside his mind, have a really intense fight with a purple giant, and barely made it out. That's the first time I ever encountered such... challenge."

Fury gave her a deadpan stare. That doesn't answer his question and instead raise even more questions.

"Purple giant?"

Carina nodded, not minding Fury's incredulous stare and instead rip off her IV drip. She must've exhausted herself thoroughly.

"Loki was being controlled?"

"Yeah. I saw his mind, Nick. He might be the God of mischief, but I don't believe he'll ever cause mass destruction like that. Not willingly at least."

Carina stood up and stretch her limbs. She went to the bathroom with her change of clothes and took a quick shower.

When she came out, Fury was no longer there. Carina shrugged and leave the medical bay of SHIELD's facility. She knew the place like the back of her hands. She easily made her way outside.

Making a beeline for her car, she immediately left the facility and back to her house. Fury's house actually.

~~~

Another week has passed since Carina saved the God of Mischief from mind control. She hasn't come to SHIELD's HQ yet since then, so they haven't seen each other since.

Carina decided to visit Washington D.C. Actually she was sent there by Nick. For what reason, even she's not sure.

He simply told her to go to DC and pick something up in an address he sent her. She doesn't even know what that something looks like!

She grumbled all the way to DC, cursing the eye patch wearing man.

Driving her car through the busy street of DC, Carina soon enough reached her destination. And simply said, she once again cursed her guardian.

She arrived in an old shady looking apartment that looks like it's going to crumble any seconds now. She slowly climb up the stairs. Watching her steps carefully.

"God.. I literally destroyed hundreds of Hydra's base. It's going to be a humiliating way to die if I get buried under this shitty building. Damn Nick and his rule of no powers."

Yes, Carina is unable to use her power after her fight with the purple skinned titan. Not that she is unable to use them, but it's because her powers are becoming unstable, since she never exerted that much power before.

Because of that, Nick forbid her from using her powers in case she ended up hurting others and herself. Even Carina acknowledged that she shouldn't use her powers until they are more stable. So she only nod obediently.

Slowly, she reached the third floor and went to the last door on the hallway. Knocking at it, she tapped her foot on the floor in impatience.

The door opened a little bit. A man was peeking from the gap, seeing a teenager standing in front of his door looking annoyed, he went to close the door. Carina slipped her foot through the gap to stop him.