Chapter VII - Red

After successfully escaping the famous playboy, Carina wandered around the venue, still trying to find her targets. She stopped before a door quite far from the ballroom.

Listening to the voices behind this door, Carina silently cheer, immediately recognizing the familiar voice inside. She looked left and right, making sure no one is near. She left the door and casually walked towards the ballroom.

Reaching the entrance to the hallway she's in, she subtly raised her hands. A sparkling thin layer of film seemed to appear from nothing, covering the entire entrance. Rippling for a few seconds before stilling then disappears into thin air.

Carina looked at the entrance with a cold glint before turning around, back to where her targets are. Strolling through the hallway without a care, she reached back to the door.

Carina opened the door, startling the occupant inside. There's a total of five people inside, all man. One of the man made a sound of recognition, the exact man Carina first found.

"Hi~" Carina grinned, waving at them happily.

"What are you doing here?" The man she was with before looked her up and down. Lust evident in his eyes.

Not only him, the others also looked at her with hunger in their eyes. Though she didn't show it, Carina was grimacing internally. However, she swallowed her disgust, consoling herself that she will have their blood on her hands soon enough.

"Ohh? I seem to enter the wrong room." She faked a confused and embarrassed expression.

"Oh? Well now that you're here, why don't you join us. We can entertain you instead. The party's rather boring anyway, doesn't it?" Man A offered.

'You entertain me? Don't you mean the other way around?' Carina sneers.

"It is pretty boring. Then I will take your offer. Do entertain me~" Carina smiled sweetly.

Carina closed the door and locked it. The men inside grinned at her like hungry wolves. She turned around to face them, hands behind her back.

Away from their vision, Carina created a silver dagger out of thin air. Holding them behind her back, she walked towards them. She stopped three steps infront of them, a smile still plastered on her face.

"Can I ask something?" She break the silence with an innocent voice.

"Of course. What is it?" Man B answered a bit enthusiastically.

"Hmm... The alien artifacts you stole. Where is it?" She asked cheerfully. The faces of the men inside the room paled in a matter of seconds the moment they hear the seemingly innocent curious question.

One of them trembled, while the other glanced at her warily. Man A took out his gun and aimed it at the girl who tilted her head curiously.

This expression, however, only lasted for a couple seconds before it was wiped out and replaced with a ruthless grin. The gun aimed at Carina shook the moment she shows her true image.

"Good! Come on, put up more fights! It won't be fun if you don't." Carina pouted, twirling the silver dagger in her hand.

Man A pulled the trigger and the bullet shoots out towards Carina in such a close distance. The man knows that there is no way she can avoid such a close range shot. Though it's a pity that he had to ruin such a pretty face, he had to do what needs to be done.

However, the next moment he watched with wide eyes at the way the bullet stops mid air, unable to touch her. Trembling in fear, he shoots out more bullets in her direction, watching with unbelieving eyes at how all of them stops mid air. The gun in his hand makes a clicking sound when he pulled another trigger. He threw away his gun when he knew it ran out of bullets.

The other men finally gain their bearing and draw out their gun, they surround her and pull the trigger. Carina released her holds on the previous bullets, dropping them to the ground. With unnatural speed that is impossible to follow with naked eyes, Carina gracefully avoided each bullets, catching them with her bare hands.

When the barrage of shooting ended, Carina was once again standing in the middle. She opened her hand and dropped a bunch of bullets, creating a clanking sound. The five men looked at her in horror.

Deciding to get this over quickly, Scilla took one of the bullets and flicked them to one of the men, creating a similar effect to a gun and piercing the man's chest. She threw the silver dagger on another's man throat, and using her shadow tendrils to pierce one other, leaving two men.

"I'm going to ask again, where is it? The things that you stole."

One of them was shaking so much, he's incapable of forming words. The other man shakily took out his phone. Carina raised an eyebrow pointing another dagger at him.

"W-wait! T-the location's in this phone."

"Don't do anything stupid." Carina warned in a bored tone.

The man tapped at his phone for a couple times before handing it to her. The screen showed an address and a line of numbers. Once she remembered all of them, Carina carelessly threw her dagger which pierced the man's heart.

"I told you not to do anything stupid." Carina said, recognizing the line of numbers.

The shadow tendrils pierced the last man skull killing him instantly. Carina looked at the mess and smirked. As expected blood has the best color. Carina waved her hand and the furniture rearrange itself back to its previous position. The shadow tendrils surround the room, absorbing every single body and blood that has been shed in this room. Leaving the room spotless.

Carina left the room and took off the barrier she made earlier. Hiding herself among the crowds, she quietly left the building and into the waiting car outside.

•••

Striding down the hallway of SHIELD'S HQ, Carina made her way to Nick's office. Not giving any single glance towards the other agents roaming around.

Due to her eyes being locked on her phone screen, she bumps into someone. She rubbed her nose that was hit.

"You okay?"

Looking up, she saw a redhead woman, wearing a black tight outfits. She frowned in confusion. She didn't feel anything. Carina can feel every human presence that was in the vicinity. That's the reason she can always avoid hitting anyone even when she wasn't looking. Avoiding touch has always been her instinctive response. This is the third time this happened. The first one, was that blonde man in D.C, the second was Tony Stark. This is too weird to be a coincidence.

On the other hand, Natasha Romanoff was astounded at seeing the girl before her, though her face didn't give away anything. The girl with white hair clad in a simple black dress, yet managed to made her looked like a goddess. This is her soulmate. She was mesmerized by her ruby eyes that looked at her in confusion. She was beautiful.

"I-" Nick Fury voice cut off Natasha's words.

"Star. My office." Carina looked behind the woman and saw Nick walking towards his office from the opposite direction.

Carina swerved past the redhead and into Nick's office swiftly, Natasha didn't have time to stop her. Glancing at Nick Fury's office she ponders.

"Should I wait for her?" She mumbled.

Though to her disappointment, her little mate somehow managed to leave without her noticing.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Word Count : 1247

Nat's done!! I know it's shorter than the last chapter but anyway. I kind of like this game of cat and mouse between Carina and her mates 😅. I don't want to immediately start on Carina living with her mates yet, so I like it this way.

The next one will be Bruce by the way!

Hope you enjoy! 👋

Sapphire