chapter fourteen

Finney was still holding onto me probably glad to finally see a familiar face I didn't mind either even though it did stink down here a lot. I sighed laying my head back against his chest pulling him close.

"I-I'm so sorry I never noticed you were down here" 

"He sounded proof the basement" Finney said rubbing my head a little hiding his face in my neck. suddenly the phone started ringing down here. but I thought the phone didn't work Finney face became irritated as he got up out my arms staring at the phone. 

"Son of a bitch no fuck you" I never heard him curse before, so it took me back a bit as the phone kept ringing. "Goddamn it" 

he picks up the phone sitting back next to me on the bed. I couldn't hear anything but static noise.

"What? you gonna say something? do you even know who you are?" he shouted out question until finally a voice spoke on the other end. 

"What the shit kind of question is that? do you even know you two are?" 

that voice sounded familiar the angry bolting attitude the cursing already. this was one of the dead kids my father killed but why could I hear them I knew Finney would hear them if his sister could see dreams so why me?

"I'm Finney Blake this is (y/n)"   

"Yeah, well nice to fucking meet you Finney Blake and (y/n). right here this is it!"

"this is what?" 

"the horrifying nightmare and end of your two pathetic little life"

"Holy shit it's-"

"Vance hopper" I said cutting him off "I remember him he used to scare me and you too" 

"Trust me Finney Blake and (y/n) if you both knew what you had coming you be fucking terrified. today the day mother fucker!" 

the phone went silent leaving me to remember the first time me and Finney saw him at the grab and go. he was always there playing that pinball machine every day trying to beat his high score. Finney was picking up some snacks while I was looking at the sodas until we heard some tussling then bam a boy had bumped into his game. he lost his temper starting a fight between the boys everyone was watching the show. Vance was fast enough to take down one of them while pinning the other down bashing his head in and carving into his arm before returning back to the game until the police were called on him. suddenly Vance started speaking again.

"Have you tried stacking the carpets to reach the window?"

"I've tried everything"

"No, not everything when the grabber saw what I had done that was it and he took his time with me too" the last sentence I wanted to puke I didn't want to know what my father did to torture these boys down here.

"What did you do?"

"Oh, that fucker had to spend a fortune to repair all the damages"

"What did you do?" I ask gripping the dirty mattress underneath me

"I'm getting to that bitch! or do you two have some other important shit you have to do right now?"

"No no no no" I said quickly waving my hands in front my face. "we're listening"

"There is an outlet in the shitter across from the john"

"Yeah, I've seen it"

"On the other side of that wall there's a storage room you can't get into that room because there a big ass upright freezer in the way"

"Okay"

"Break into the wall about two feet above the outlet till you get to a panel with screws in it get the panel off you're into the freezer"

"And then out into the storage room. thank you" Finney said. I pushed myself away from him already know Vance was going to burst into an angry fire ball.

"For what?"

"For helping me"

"Helping you? this isn't about you. Fuck him!!!!" Vance screamed into the phone as Finney grunted falling to the ground dropping the phone covering his ears. the bottles started twitching near his tray. I ran over to his side pulling him close just as the bottles came crashing on both sides of us making Finney scream and me flinch. he started whimpering and panting until the noise died down. I got up walking into the bathroom picking up the toilet lid handing it over to Finney as he started slamming it into the wall it started cracking and breaking but not fast enough, so I took over while Finney went drinking the water out of the toilet. 

"you're going to get sick from that" I said slamming the lid against the wall breaking off a chunk.

"(y/n) I do not care right now I haven't drink in a few days I'm thirsty" he said leaning against the wall. the human body can't function without three days of water so I couldn't really blame him. I took a break handing the lid back over to Finney as he kept going before hitting something. dropping the lid down we both started digging finding one of the screws. Finney grab his rocket flashing light sticking it in using it as a screw but that wasn't working. "Y/n see if you can find something in the toilet"

I nodded my head running into the bathroom unscrewing some things gagging a bit at the nasty water before finding something that could help. I ran back over to Finney giving him the piece as he unscrewed the bolts pushing a vent open crawling inside over a bunch of raw meat while he kept pushing his way trying to open the freezer door but with no luck. he came crawling back out his eyes watering before he broke out into a sob this was his last chance to get out now there was nothing. I crouched down next to him pulling him close letting him weep into my arms. 

"Finn" I mumble running my hand through his hair holding one of his hands. he kept whimpering laying his head on my chest. I could feel the same ach of pain he had losing all hope. I let him cry in my arms for a few minutes just lying there like a comfort pillow before the phone rang again.