Surrender (2/4) || 08

•••

•••

"jimin!" taehyung rushes to his friend, holding him by the arm as he drags both of them to the side, landing with a hard impact on the floor. groaning, jimin frowns, his head snapping hack in the direction of strange man that he was certain was a member of the clan trying to wreck this mall and hold people hostage to get their demands heard by the higher authorities.

"are you okay?" taehyung skims up to his feet after the blast near the hallway where jimin had been standing with the other man, having him on gun point.

"that guy— he got away!" jimin sneers, hastily trying to find any of the similar men other than those who he'll get to see later as his force has arrested a few. both jimin and taehyung were sure, they'll be made to lead the interrogation along with their chief commissioner who's no less than a sadist and often stays back just watch the criminals and sometimes accused ones to be tortured into confessing guilty by his officers.

taehyung hits hard. even jimin agreed to that along with their whole department whoever had seen kim taehyung in the room with a 'person' under custody. he had no mercy. but he looks rather sweet— with his fluffy hazelnut hair, bread cheeks and thin lips that often shaped into a rectangle when he smiled— than being the kind to shear off someone's flesh only because they were lying or not saying what he wants to hear.

jimin on the other hand was known to play by words, although he would use violence frequently but not like his friend. he believed tricking people in words was smarter and he could just do it without much difficulty. although that doesn't jimin was any soft of a police officer, he had a firm arm like any other man in the department and a thick head to avoid emotions running unnecessarily and giving him s hard time.

taehyung drags him out of the building as the rest of the people are already out. the citizens being sent back after being rescued and three of the criminal members arrested. taehyung cracks his neck at the sight of them being shoved in the service van, sitting with some lower ranking officers.

"officer jeon, officer kim," a voice calls as they head in the direction of the black suv waiting for them. however the sight unfolding before them, leaves them a bit perplexed, failing to understand why a child is so desperate to go back inside the building as she keeps crying and struggling against one of their officers, reaching out towards the mall building, which is on the verge of lighting up in flames.

"what's going on?" jimin asks, taking off his vest and puts the gun down, staring between the little girl and his junior officer.

"she's saying someone's inside,"

jimin and taehyung frown at that, glancing back at the burning ground floor and the flames emerging from the second and third floors as well, "there's nobody," taehyung says.

"no, koo's in there... i know..." the little girl keeps crying, rubbing her eyes as she wants to go back.

"hey, there's no one in there. we checked everywhere before coming," jimin says, tugging up the fabric of his pants from his thighs a little before crouching down in front of her.