SIXTEEN

Nasir | 2:00pm

"There he go right there!"

Jungle leaned against the wooden park bench, pointed at the man that told us to meet him here. Whatever intel he had for us better be good. I wasn't trying to be far from Gia or my baby for too much longer. I wanted to get back to The Bridge as soon as possible.

"What's the deal, God?" Jungle shook the man's hand and brought him in to bump shoulders. "Shit, can't call it." He said back to my baby brother.

"This is my big brother, Nas. Nas, this is Stix."

I extended my hand to give him a light dap as I nodded my head. "What's up with you, God?" Stix greeted me out of respect. "I'm trying to hear what you got for me." I said back to him as we let each other's hand go.

"Of course." Stix leaned against the wooden bench next to Jungle. Stix was about my height with dark brown skin. His arms were covered in ink. He wore a black Yankees cap over his small fro. A black tee shirt, dark jeans and Jordan 4's that looked brand new.

The kid had style, which most Harlem niggas were known for. I couldn't help but respect it.

"Ron ain't looking too hot these days. Nigga run his damn mouth too much." Stix placed a tooth pick in the corner of his mouth and began spewing information that I was trying to hear.

"What you mean by that, Stix?" Jungle kicked his leg up on the bench and turned his attention towards his homeboy. I just sat back and soaked up what he was saying.

"This nigga been running around the city claiming he's a big shot. Smoove not having it." Stix twirled the tooth pick in his mouth as he cracked his knuckles.

"And Smoove is?" I stroked my chin.

"That's the big OG around here. Been running shit since the late seventies." Stix said as cool as he could. He voice was more horse than mine. I thought I sounded like I had a cold, but this nigga's voice sounded like a permanent flu.

"Does the name Rome ring any bells?" I leaned back on the bench and stretched my legs apart.

"Oh, yeah. Long live the God. That was Smoove's right hand man."

The moment Stix said that, I heard Gia's voice in my head when she said her father's right hand man put one in his dome out of jealousy. Ron was working with the bitch nigga that killed Gia's pops? I instantly grew angry at the thought of this nigga breaking bread with Smoove.

"How you know about Rome?" Stix looked at me. The sun hitting his face, causing him
to squint his eyes.

"My OG, Supreme. Rome took him under his wing." I said as straight as possible.

"Oh, word? Salute to Preme and the team. They're making noise in Harlem." Stix nodded his head.

"Well, yeah. Ron not looking so good. He's been laying low at his mom's crib. All his work ran out and Smoove won't front him for shit." Stix said with a light laugh. I looked over at Jungle who had his hand on his piece.

"Where that nigga at right now?" Jungle bucked up at the chance to see this nigga for himself.

"I can take you to him, if that's what y'all on?" Stix split gazes between the both of us. I nodded at Stix.

"Let's pay this nigga a visit."

Gia | 2:00pm

Stacy and I were sitting on her bed with our legs crossed. I hadn't been back home to Harlem in a while. I took her up on the opportunity to hang out since her parents went on vacation to London.