Chapter 2: Burnt Doughnut

I cried all day and night. Urie is right. I'm a weak ass. Instead of crying like a baby, I should have followed Juuzou to see who this girlfriend is.

Sasaki and Shirazu knocked on the door several times but I didn't open because I wouldn't be able to explain why I'm crying.

Right now, Sasaki knocks on the door once again. This time I'm going to open since I'm not crying anymore.

"Y/n Chan! Are you okay?!" Sasaki looks extremely worried.

"I'm sorry Sassan... Yesterday, I was in extreme pain." I lie.

"Why didn't you tell me?! I could have taken you to the hospital!"

"I'm fine-"

"You are not fine!" He interrupts me. "Stop being so stubborn Y/n Chan! Your health matters the most!" He shouts.

"..."

"Uh... Sorry, I raised my voice at you." He apologizes. "But seriously, let me take you to a doctor."

"I promise I will go if the pain comes back..." I lie again.

"Okay..."

I have to ask him about Juuzou...

"Sassan... About Suzuya San... I think I embarrassed myself infront of him." I invent an excuse so we can talk about him.

"You didn't embarrass yourself at all! But don't worry! Even if you did something extremely embarrassing, he wouldn't even judge."

"What did he say about me when I left?"

"He was just worried."

Normally I would be extremely happy but right now I feel too melancholic to feel positive emotions

"Suzuya San is... -dating someone?"

I'm proud of you Y/n. You didn't even hesitate to ask.

"Dating? Oh, no, he's not dating anyone. Why would you think that?"

"Before I left he said something about meeting his girlfriend."

"Oh, but it's not a girlfriend. It's a girl -friend. Juuzou only has 1 female friend so he wanted to specify that he was going to meet with that person."

I wasted my tears for nothing. Well, that confirms that I'm stupid.

"Only 1? What about Saiko... And me?"

"He's not really friends with Saiko and with you... -well he calls everyone a friend even if you're not."

Right... It was too good to be true.

"Who's that female friend of his?"

"Sorry Y/n, I don't get why you want to know so much about Suzuya San..."

Fuck I need an excuse! Quick!

"I want to become his friend. -For real. Will you help me?"

"Why would you need my help?"

"I don't know how to make friends. I'm 22 years old and never once had a friend. Yes, I probably had some but none of them stayed. They all treated me like their personal therapist and once they got bored of me, they threw me to trash. And even worse, some of them ended up bullying me and stealing my money. I want to be Suzuya's friend because from what I've seen so far, he cares about his friends. All I need is a friend like him."

All of this is true. But I lied at Juuzou's part. I know damn well why I want to become his friend.

"Y/n Chan... I feel very sorry for you."