Chapter 4: Mission Failed

"Follow me to my office, I must speak to you." Juuzou stops me on the hallway.

"As you wish." I agree.

We arrive at his empty office. I'm really curious about what he wants from me.

"I'm the one who encouraged Haise to confess to you." He says. "So tell me, why don't you like him back?"

I stand there frozen, not knowing what to say.

"He always told me how much he loved you and that he wishes to confess to you one day. So I tried to make him more confident and make him confess his love to you. I thought you liked him too, but it seems like you don't." He frowns.

"He doesn't know anything about me. How can he love me just like that?"

"Don't ask me, I know nothing about love. But the one thing I know is that you broke his heart."

"I didn't reject his confession... I said I'll think about it." I start to shiver in anxiety.

"It's the same thing. If you loved him, you would accept right away."

"You can't force me to love someone."

"But I can try." He approaches me."You will accept his confession, or you can say goodbye to our friendship. I don't want to be friends with someone who hurt my other friends."

I start to tear up. No, I can't lose him, but I can't date another man.

"You don't have to cry."

He grabs a tissue from a tissue box that stood on a desk and hands it to me.

"From now on, don't talk to me." He walks towards the door

"Wait! I sacrificed my life for-"

I immediately stopped talking as soon as I realized what I was about to say. No, I can't tell him about my feelings towards him, I can't.

"I sacrificed my life for Haise... I decided to work for CCG just to get closer to him... I have a big crush on him and knowing that he likes me too is making me go insane. I didn't accept his feelings right away because I was too anxious." I lie.

"Oh, why didn't you tell me about that before? In that case, I can help you, I know Haise very well." Juuzou walks to me.

"Does that mean we're still friends." I ask.

"Maybe we'll be more than friends." He winks. "Best friends."

Yeah, we will be more than friends one day...

...

"Has anyone seen Mutsuki Kun?" Haise asks.

"Nope." Shirazu answers.

"Did anyone bother to check on him?" Haise responds.

"He's probably sleeping." Shirazu says.

"Mutsuki always wakes up at 7 am." Haise replies.

"Why are you asking us? Why don't you check on him yourself?" Urie suddenly says.

"Fine, I'll do that." Haise sighs and then leaves the living room.

"I will go too." Shirazu says and then goes after Haise.

Urie slowly places his news journal on the table and turns his face to me.

"Did you accept his confession?" He asks.

"How did you know-"

"Sasaki told the others that he'll confess to you. I was in the same room when he said that."