✧ Chapter 3 ✧

When everybody left the cafe Rainbow Dash walked home. After arriving at her house she made her way to her bedroom to take another shower. She then dressed in her pajamas, combed out her hair, and read a little. At 8:34 she came out of her bedroom into the kitchen and ate dinner at the dining table. She made small conversation with her parents, before eating quickly and telling them that she would head in for an early night. After making her way back into her room she said goodnight to her tortoise before shutting off her bedroom light and then laid in bed.

As she slipped into unconsciousness, she dreamt.

She dreamed that she was with AJ, holding hands with her at the cafe she was at hours before. They were by themselves, peering out the window. It was a little cloudy outside, and it was raining. From what Rainbow could see, it looked like Autumn. Applejack looked.. beautiful. She looked the same, but more glowy. She had dewy, honey colored skin, with light freckles on her cheeks and bright green eyes. Her blond hair was long but extremely smooth. She wore her hair as she always did, down, with her signature hat. Her lips were pretty, and soft, even though she had no lipstick on.

She continued to stare out the window, an expression of curiosity on her face. After Rainbow was done admiring her, she looked down at the hand she held across the table. AJ's hands were soft, like the rest of her features but somehow strong too, like she had a firm grip on Rainbow. Though Rainbow didn't mind, she just continued to smile at the sight of their hands holding each other. Rainbow soon felt as if she was being looked at, so she met her eyes in the direction she felt she was being stared at, and saw Applejack who was indeed looking at her and smiling aswell.

"Sugarcube? Would you mind if we left?" Apple asked while drawing a heart on the glass window. She then turned back to the Rainbow haired girl.

Rainbow grinned. "But it's raining? We'll get soaked." she said playfully.

"That's the fun part, Rainbow, come on. I'll show you." Applejack said as her smile grew wider.

Rainbow nodded, wondering what they would do. She scooted out of the booth and went to the other side politely offering her hand to the country girl like a gentlewoman. Applejack went along, looking up at Rainbow's eyes while she carefully placed her right hand in Rainbow's left delicately, while giggling. Before Rainbow could say anything else, Applejack went ahead of her, and pulled her along outside of the cafe doors. Rain already getting Applejack soaked, she laughed while she pulled Rainbow out into the empty street. They both chuckled as they felt their hands losing the grip of each other because of the rain.

"Isn't the rain just so darn pretty?" Applejack asked, looking up into the gray clouds while the rain splattered on her face.

"Yeah, it is." Rainbow said back, except she wasn't paying attention to the weather. She was paying attention to the prettiest girl in front of her.

Applejack looked to Rainbow who was staring at her in awe.

"What?" Applejack said curiously, while turning her head to the side.

"You're just so darn pretty." Rainbow said, intentionally repeating what AJ said about the rain.

"Am not." Applejack said back, smiling as she looked down to her wet jeans.

"You are, trust me AJ".

Out of shyness, Applejack took her hat off and poured out all the rain. She then placed it on Rainbow's wet hair, giggling slightly because of the confusion that was planted on Rainbow's face. Rainbow adjusted the hat on her head, before placing her hand on the back of Applejack's slightly knotted hair and pulling her closer, until soft lips met soft lips.