Chapter Four

Vi's lips slowly nursed a small bruise just below my collarbone, and I closed my eyes blissfully, running my fingers through her freshly cut hair. She whispered praises and sweet nothings into my skin, her breath hot, her tongue gentle on the marks she had branded me with. A soft groan slipped from my chest, and my wife hummed to it, happy to please me as she did.

I dragged my nails over the shaved portion of her head gently, and she sighed, laying her cheek on my sternum, breathing softly. I held her to me, our bare bodies tangled together. Vi's heart beat in tune to mine.

My wife.

Vi had disappeared for two days after the report on Warwick came in, taking time away from the suffocation of Piltover to see her siblings. She had come back just last night, steam blown off and fresh tears in her eyes, and I made slow, sensual love to her, whispering of moonlit evenings and the life I would fight to win for us

"I love you," I murmured to her now, the morning sun dripping lazily into our room.

Vi kissed my throat gently. "And I love you."

----

"We have to talk about what this means," I voiced carefully. We sat out on the terrace, our bodies rocking slowly on the swing bench as we looked out into the garden. The tiger lilies were finally growing.

"I know." Vi's grip tightened on my fingers before letting go, and I slipped my arm around her waist, resting my head on her shoulder. She sidled closer to me, free hand settling comfortably on my thigh. A moment of silence, our breathing quiet and steady, bodies tired.

"I have to find him."

My immediate response. "We will."

More silence.

Vi sucked in a shaky puff of air, shoulders quivering. "I couldn't tell them."

I turned to her, brow furrowed.

Silver met blue, and Vi's lips were pulled thin. "My family. Powder, my brothers, my uncles, Ekko- I wasn't strong enough. I couldn't- I-"

I gave a soft exhale, fingertips pressing into her side protectively.

"What am I supposed to say?"

Sorrow built in my gut at the misery choking Vi's voice, and I blinked tears away, shaking my head. Her fingers twitched where they rested on my thigh, the bandages glaring at us like bone.

"How do I tell them our dad turned into a monster?"

The corners of my mouth tugged down, and all I could do was shift closer towards her, wrapping my arms around her strong shoulders. Vi's walls crumbled, and she slumped into me, her tears finding their escape.