Kabanata 27

Subin Lee

Dali dali akong bumaba ng hagdan sabay ng pagbilis tibok ng puso ko. I was running until I reached the door, my siblings are all sleeping kaya ako nalang ang gising sa bahay. I grabbed the door knob and pulls it with great force.

Palinga-linga ako sa paligid and there I saw her back, she's not using her car, she's using her motorcycle, hawak-hawak n'ya ang red helmet and her breath creates a small white smoke in the air. I'm having deja Vu, as if nasa Korea ako.

I summoned all of my courage before walking towards her direction. Kitang kita ko yellowish at haba nitong buhok. She's always so captivating kahit nakatalikod ito. Kahit na mas matangkad ako kesa sa kanya I feel like under na under ako ke' ma'am pero di naman ako nagrereklamo. I like it when she's bossing me around.

My arms gently sneaks around her well curved waists. Ramdam ko ang kanyang pagkagulat, I rested my chin on her shoulder habang nakayakap sa katawan n'ya.

"Good evening, what brought you here? Gabi na." Wika ko bago n'ya ako nilingon.

She didn't reply, she just look at me from head to toe, yep she's definitely scanning me. After seconds, her smirking smile is visible to her lips.

"You look good in that black kitty pajama." She said still smirking at me.

Nilingon ko ang sarili bago tumango. "Binili mo ito para sa akin and it's very comfortable though."

She nodded before flipping her hair in the air. "Of course, I have a great taste in fashion, now you look like Red na."

I laughed. "Red is way cuter than me. Pero thank you ha? Nahihiya na talaga ako."

"Tsk. Just don't mind that too much," lumapit si Cassandra at inayos ang pajama ko. "Were you sleeping?"

"No, natagalan lang ako sa GC. I thought you're sleeping na." Wika ko.

She stepped back at inilagay sa manobela ang helmet. I can feel her heavy sighs, I can feel that there is something wrong. She came here because I feel like she's going to tell me something.

"Nope, you were taking so long to text me, so I decided to visit you here instead." She said before grabbing my arm.

"Where are you going? Should we head inside?"

"No, there's a 24/7 store nearby. Let's grab some drinks, I can't sleep." She said.

Di na ako nakapag salita pa kase agad nya akong hinila kaya nagpadala nalang ako. So, pupunta ako ng tindahan na naka kitty pajama? Okay lang, cute naman ako tignan and Gabi narin so wala ng masyadong tao sa paligid.

Tanging ilaw lang ng poste ang nagbibigay sa amin ng liwanag sa daan. Tinahaak namin ang kalye patungo sa 24/7 market. Malamig ang gabi kaya nakayakap sya sa braso ko, nakaramdam ako ng kilig hehe! Ang init init n'ya.

While walking, we passed through a familiar street.

The street where I first saw her, drunk.

"This is where you first saw me right? Outside Heartfilia's bar?" Panimula n'ya.

Tumango ako. "You were drunk that time, buti nalang at walang nakakita sayong mga manyakis."

She looks at me amused. "What if there was a lot of bad guys trying to get me, will you fight them?"

Agad naman akong tumango."Of course. Even if you were a stranger that time, babasagin ko parin ang mga mukha ng mga taong yun."

She laughed. "How will you fight them?"