Chapter 42

The three people stare intently at Du You awaiting his choice.

Yet, Du You decides to hand over the controller to You Haoyu who is sitting next to him here.

You Haoyu takes it by reflex in confusion.

“Five minutes each,” says Du You, “it’s boring just watching me play, isn’t it.”

You Haoyu “…”

He wants to tell him he doesn’t need to, but he doesn’t want to reject him here and spoil the mood.

Besides…

He looks over the other two before moving his hand on the controller to pick option B, Track and Field without hesitation.

Though of course, You Haoyu hasn’t realised the true implication of this ‘hotseat mode’ yet.

To ensure the gaming experience, almost all the characters in-game has a high favorability rating already by default, so it doesn’t take long for the plot to reach what it showed in the video.

[You did not train regularly before suddenly facing the heavy training regime of the Track and Field; you feel stressed about it.
But, when you think about how other members are also doing the same training, you grit your teeth and press on because you don’t want to be a burden.
Finally, in the morning laps one day, your stamina gives out as you stumble and fall to the ground, scraping your kneecap. Blood gushes forth.
B-kun sees it and tells the others to keep training while taking you to the medical room by himself.
The doctor is not there, perhaps busy with something else. You can only deal with the wound yourself.
Thankfully it looked bad but it was only a surface scratch after you washed it clean.
B-kun kneels as he is about to apply the band-aid for you, so you…]

[A. Accept it with reddened cheeks and a heightened heartbeat]
[B. Reject it with reddened cheeks because of embarrassment]
[C. “Trying to feel me up? Fuck off!”]

The system was immersed in this pure lovey-dovey plot but then its jaws drop seeing the last option [The heck? Isn’t this an otome game?!]

Du You [It says it is an otome game]

System [Of course not! There would never be such an option normally!]

The controller is in Qin Ge’s hands at this point.

He quickly picks C after the options came out; one suspects if he paid attention to the plot at all.

[B-kun seems shocked to hear you say this. Shortly after, he rises and scratches his hair, “I just wanted to help…”
Not knowing what else to say, he sighs, “never mind. You can do it yourself.”
He hands the band-aid to you and walks out of the medical room]

End of cutscene.

You Haoyu “…”

He raises his eyebrows at Qin Ge, “you picked that on purpose?”

Qin Ge smiles, “this is a type of sexual harassment. Girls should be assertive in their rejection in these situations.”

Shen Chen nods, “that’s true.”