CH4.

—

Pushing her phone into her back pocket of her jeans, the girl slung her tote bag onto her shoulder. She grabbed the keys hanging under the decorated sign on the wall and took one final glance at herself in the large mirror mounted on the wall before sliding her shoes on.

"Sun, I'm leaving for class now. I'll be back around maybe 12:30?? I'm not sure, but make sure to take your pain meds for the headache." Dawn looked back at her roommate who was slumped on the kitchen island.

The said girl let out an incoherent mumble, keeping her head in her arm as she waved Dawn off. Dawn let out a sharp breath and shook her head while opening the door to their dorm. Walking out the door, the girl dropped her keys into the bag and made her way to her first class, Behavioral Psychology. Maybe not a preferable class at this time of day, but Dawn knew complaining would get her nowhere.

Pushing the negative thoughts of her mind, she walked out the doors of the on-campus housing building and started to make her way to her designated lecture hall. She had her headphones pushed snuggly into her ears as she blasted her favorite band while taking in her surroundings.

If there was one thing Dawn loved, it was music.

Music made her feel like she was more. More than the mistakes she had made. More than the bubble she trapped herself in. More than the expectations her parents had set for her. More than the thoughts that told her continuously that she was nothing and would return to nothing once more.

Music was the mouth of her unsaid thoughts.

God please let this day go by quickly.

Dawn thought to herself as she let out another sigh. She quickened her pace, not wanting to get caught in the morning campus rush. Her lecture hall was in the center of campus, which was not an ideal place to be at 8am. Heaps of students coming from all directions, all rushing to get to class on time was not something Dawn liked experiencing. She didn't prefer big groups and liked to stay to herself when she could, so being unintentionally shoved by people giving out half-assed apologies wasn't something enjoyable.

Finally, she turned the corner of the hall and the big groups from the main hall had turned into smaller duos and trios making their way to their classes. As Dawn reached her lecture, she looked down at the watch sitting on her wrist and it read out '7:50am'. She mentally applauded herself for making it on time to her class.

Not wanting to block the entrance, she walked into the class and scanned her eyes over the seats. A decent amount of kids had situated themselves around the classroom, some sitting alone, some crowding around one another, and the others doing god knows what. Dawn spotted a seat near the back but not so far behind she'd have difficulty paying attention. The seat was near the window that overlooked the quad.