CH14.

—

"You ready?"

"You brought me to a night festival?" Dawn's eyes sparkled as she looked up at Mark.

"Yeah, do you not like them?" Mark felt his heart stopping at her question.

'Does she not like night festivals? Fuck I should've listened to Jaemin when he said to bring her to the beach.'

"No, I love it oh my god. I've always wanted to go to one but I've been too busy with school."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

Dawn began to walk forward as she did a 360 of her surroundings but stopped when she realized Mark wasn't next to her. She looked back to where they parked the car and noticed he wasn't there anymore and turned around to begin looking around for him. Dawn began to walk towards the car in hopes of finding a better view of him. All around her were people pushing and talking loudly, it reminded her of her walk to her morning classes.

Oh shit don't tell me he just got kidnapped.

All of a sudden, Dawn felt a hand grab at her's.

She snapped her head around only to come face to face with Mark.

Flowers in hand.

"Why'd you walk off?" Mark questioned her.

"Why did I walk off? You just disappeared out of nowhere, I thought you got kidnapped!" Dawn slapped his shoulder out of habit but failed to realize what she did. She continued to ramble on about how "something could've happened to him" as the boy stared at her with a smile growing on his face.

"You could've gotten hur– why are you smiling? I'm serious!" Dawn's cheeks puffed out as she breathed out in frustration.

"You look cute."

"What?" Dawn's face flushed a soft pink.

"You look cute when you're worried about me, maybe I'll disappear more often." Mark said humorously.

"I hate you." Dawn rolled her eyes at him and walked off towards the booths lined up, not wanting to be teased even more.

"Dawnnn come back!" Mark laughed hard as he jogged after her

As he caught up to her, he put his hand around her shoulder, bringing her a bit closer than she already was while passing her the small bouquet with his other hand.