prologue

SEEKER

Prologue

I tried to look away from that scary view before me but I couldn't, my mind screamed at me to look away but it was as if my face had a mind of it own I couldn't, I had to see how this would end. Curiosity kills the cat you'll say, yes because my face decided to remain where it was, though  I don't still understand why Aunty Betty didn't all allow me to watch this two years ago. My mind could still recall how I begged her to let me watch the video of how they kill the last believer in the world.

Flash back

I sat down like a good student everyone saw me to be, both in school  and at home, I’m not saying  I am not, I am,  but right now my mind pondered  round the rumour I heard  this morning on my way to school, about a believer  that was killed 8 years ago.

The rumour said she was a pregnant woman, that fled from the city of coster in London after her husband was killed  by the unbelievers and her friends and families were forced to become an unbeliever. It wa also said that she ran because she didn't  want to change, because  she loved the God she serves. The question here is who is this  God that she loves so much to make her run from her family. I needed to find out more about the story but how? I was told a play was made to mock her death and my aunt  had a copy, maybe i could get some  information  from there.

 With that I ran home with the hope that my aunt would let me watch the video.

“Aunty, please can I see the  video of how the last believer was killed” I requested, taking my seat beside her, but the silence that followed made me look at her and immediately I was drawn into that her green Emerald eyes, they always look  beautiful when she smile, but this time they were tearful, but I  ignored the view and smiled back at her, “can I"? I asked  again this time I held her hand stopping her from rolling the doughs.

“Yes you may, but you are not ready for it, trust me”.

“To watch just a video, what will I do to be ready”, I asked.

“Time will tell my dear, just relax”, and with that she stood up and left the kitchen, she only does that when she doesn't want me to ask her any questions again.

End of flash back

“Noooo please save my daughter, keep her”,  the voice of a woman brought me back to reality, it was from the TV in front of me, “please let her live", she said again holding the leg of the man with her child. But how did i miss the part where she gave  birth, seriously  flash back can ruin somethings,

“And why should  we allow her to live, it is not that she will do us any good”, “neither  will she do you any harm",

“We will  give her life, if you will give us your mind and heart", the man with her child said  moving  close to her, “No my soul is with God, spear my child please ", she cried. “There is nothing like God, something like that doesn't exist”, the man shouted, “but we will  spear your child, one of your family member that is  now an unbeliever will take care of her, but for  now you will follow us, and with that the man dragged her behind  him but the look in her eyes did not go unnoticed, . It was filled with  pain and fear which I assumed was for her child but no regret were present.  Unlike the rest of the people there, theirs we filled with regret and with  that the  video ended.

“I thought  she died but here they took her away,

“She didn't die, she was taken away to a place nobody knows", my aunty said.