chapter 1

“No this is not right, I don't understand how I'm going to explain this to you again, the board isn't happy with what we are giving them, yet, you keep on making the same mistake all over again, what is wrong Emmy?”

I trembled under the voice of my boss.
“You will have to do it again, but this time Emmanuel will be joining you, and I need you to pay close attention to him. Do I make myself clear?He thundered".

"Yes, but really sir, , I can't work with Emmanuel.

“I will like you to give me three reasons why you don't want him involved in this”.My boss asked as he stood up and walked towards the entrance door.

I watched him as he walked away from me hoping that he won't leave me in the office like he did the last time.

He stopped ,"Emmy,I need you to answer me now”. I became so confused as I didn't know the perfect excuse to give him.

Working with Emmanuel is a bad idea, I mean that guy acts like he knows all, but the truth be told, he executes any project given to him perfectly well.

"Emmy!!!",my Boss called. I forgot he was still awaiting my response.“

I turned to him and answered,"Emmanuel doesn't accept other people's opinion ,and this is my project, I need to do it myself".I replied him while picking up my files from his table.

"That's why I need you to work with him!!.
"Emmy Josh, you have been on this project for two weeks with no improvement, you need help!!!." "The board wants this file submitted to them before the end of the month”. He said pointing towards the files I was holding.
“So you have no choice, you need to work with Emmanuel on this project and that's final”. He said and left the room slamming the door behind him.

He sure looks angry but I can't work with that arrogant guy,  looks like I don't have a choice like he said. I left his office with a lot on my mind.I just need a plan to convince him to let me do this alone.

On getting to my office I met Emmanuel sitting on my chair.

"Hello Emmy”,he called.I stared at him wondering who gave him the right to enter my office without my permission.

"You don't have the right to be in my office in my absence” I blotted out.

“Oh I do, I’m your new partner,remember? And I will be coming over to your place in the evening". He continued, "Get yourself ready,I don't like delay when I'm working”.

He actually do know how to get on people’s nerves, and I'm surprised at how I'm still able to control myself. “Emmanuel",I called."You will leave my office this minute and  if there's any other thing in your mind,save it till we start to work on this project, now leave".

“Yes I will, because I have a lot to do which implies that I will be coming over to your place after work, so get snacks and drinks ready for me,  bye”. He said with a wink and left.

"I really don't think I can survive long around this guy".I muttered to myself."It's just for this project so I should be fine right Aunty?".
Oh I'm alone, I have spent so much time with my aunt that I always assume she is with me all the time.I sighed and paced round my office for some minutes before making up my mind to leave for home. I really need a good rest before the lion leaves it den.

“Wake up child, it's time".
My eyes fluttered open to the surge felt in my arm, of its own accord to the face of the person staring down at me. The eyes I'm looking at right now brings forth the waves that surrounds an ocean at night, it calms the mind and spirit of oneself to the fullest. The question right now is why does this person's eyes possess the same act.