4. Lovely Husband

Six months ago:

Jimin was sitting on a chair in his veranda and staring at the beautiful night sky. He was so captivated by the stars twinkling here and there. But the moon had his heart. The night was peaceful but Jimin had a lot in his mind. Recently he was going through a lot because of his husband and in laws. And to add it up, his parents' company recently went bankrupt. But he decided to push all those away from his mind tonight and just gaze at the sky.

"Baby..... You know even when there are so many problems for me like the stars, you are my only comfort like the moon" he said fondly carssing his pregnant belly. He giggled when his baby kicked. His phone rang interrupting their moment. It was his mom. When he picked up he heard some muffled cries.

"Mom, dad, don't cry. Please. It's not over. So what if we went bankrupt? We can still make money somehow. I'll ask Taemin. He will surely help us" Jimin said on the phone hearing his parents cry.

"Don't lose hope, hmm?" He asked and heard a hum from his parents. He talked with them for a few minutes before ending the call. He sighed thinking about the problem. He got up from the bed and walked down to get to the hall. He held his big belly carefully and climbed down the stairs.

He had once asked his husband to change their room to downstairs as the doctor told Jimin not to climb often. But his in-laws refused. He was also nine months pregnant now which meant his due date was very close. The boy looked down at the living room and saw Taemin and his parents. He reached them and moved to sit on the sofa.

"I want to talk about something with you," he said looking at them who didn't even bat an eye at him and continued looking at their phones. He sighed. It was not something new for him.

"I-" he was cut off by his mother-in-law.

"See, Jimin. We are thinking about remarrying Taemin" she said as if it was a normal thing. Jimin froze.

"W-what?" He assured himself thinking he was just hearing things.

"You heard me right. Taemin is marrying our future business partner's daughter, Yuna. So prepare for the divorce" she casually said. Jimin could not believe his ears. They treated him bad the past few months but what did he ever do to deserve this?

"W-why? What did I do?" He asked trying hard not to cry but his hormones weren't helping.

"What do you mean why? We agreed to marry you to Taemin because your parents were rich then. What now? They went bankrupt. What is your use now?" It was now Taemin's father who snapped at Jimin. The boy was completely broken by the words.

'Did Taemin do everything for money? No, it can't be' he said to himself and looked at his husband who was just going through something on his phone.

"Baby...what are t-they saying? I-its not true, right? T-tell me. Please" Jimin begged moving to Taemin. The man just then looked at his crying husband.

"What? It's your fault that you wagged your tail at me. What can I do? Sign the papers and get lost" he said making Jimin completely still. He knew Taemin has changed after the wedding but to this extent? He never changed. He just stopped acting like he cared. Now Jimin was beginning to get it.

"What about our baby then?" He asked trying not to shout.

"That's yours. If you want we can send you some money for it" Taemin said not even looking at the poor man.

"It? HOW DARE YOU CALL MY CHILD LIKE THAT?" he shouted making everyone turn to him.

SLAP

A hard slap landed on Jimin's face as he fell to the ground groaning. His belly began to pain at the impact.

"AHHHHH" He cried at the pain. He looked down shocked when he saw his water broke.

"C-call the am-ambulance" he said trying hard to breathe between the pain. But none did that. Instead, his lovely husband took the divorce papers and pushed them in front of Jimin who was whimpering in pain.

"Sign these, Jimin" he demanded in a deep voice which Jimin once loved. But now he was scared by it.

"Taeminnie, please don't be like this. I know you don't mean it. Please think about our child. I can't do this to our baby" Jimin pleaded with tears from both betrayal and physical pain. Taemin sighed his eyes changing to a shade of red in anger.

"If that child is the problem, then......" Taemin took a bat he already prepared for the situation.

"How about I name this as miscarriage?" He laughed at Jimin's terrified face. Jimin felt like he could not breathe hearing his husband's words. Is he really going to kill our child?' he questioned himself in a frenzy. Just when Taemin was about to hit his belly Jimin turned around causing the hit to fall on his back.

"Ahhh....." He screamed in pain. Even when it's his back, it was still painful to his belly. His eyes began to blur. He couldn't hear what others were talking about. He could only comprehend that they are laughing at his pathetic state.

"P-please. I beg you. Leave my baby...." Jimin asked with broken voice. His face was red beacuse of tears and pain. Most importantly anger. But can he show it now?

"Too late. Now go to hell with your child. Good bye, love" Taemin said the last word in  a mocking manner. Jimin's eyes wide in horror. Never in his wildest dreams did Jimin think his husband was as heinous as killing his own husband and son. Jimin tried to move but how can he with the killing pain? He gave up moving knowing he can do nothing. It was their last day. None would probably know.

'I'm sorry, Jihoon baby. Papa's sorry' he said in his mind closing his eyes slowly.

"Let's see if Taemin can hit the target right" Taemin's father said as his son began to shuffle his bat to where the foetus's head would be.

"Uh... I don't know. Let's just do it here" he said and bit Jimin hard in his belly with the bat once and for all. Jimin had already passed out. He didn't feel anything. But just bright white blinding lights. He heard a child crying. It was getting louder and louder as he moved through his dream. After some time, he found a small child crying there sitting on the ground. Jimin ran to the boy, now free of his huge pregnant belly.

"P-papa....." The boy cried hugging Jimin.

"Oh huh....baby, Jihoonie. Don't cry. Papa will save you, baby" Jimin said kissing his son's head and hugging him close to his chest.

"I'm s-scared...." The little boy mumbled in Jimin's chest.

"Don't be, baby. I'll protect you" he said trying to comfort his son. Jimin closed his eyes hugging the little boy. But when he opened his eyes, the boy was fading.

"JIHOONIE...." Jimin ran behind the fading figure.

"No...please" he was panting but still didn't give up running behind his son. But at last the boy faded into the air. And Jimin's left eye shed a tear which made Taemin and his parents laugh.

"Finish him too" his mother said as Taemin positioned the bat on Jimin's head. But when he was about to him Jimin, a scream interrupted them.

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING YOU, BASTARD?!" Taehyung growled ferally standing at the door with dark eyes.