CHAPTER 4

"Hello.", a deep voice came from across the line, "This is Mr. Venells, CEO of V. Zen Company."

Victor narrowed his eyes in confusion. He pressed the button for the speaker so Edward could hear as well.

"Hello, Mr. Venells." Edward gasped as he recognized the name immediately. He came over to the phone quickly.

"How may I help you?" Victor ignored his brother's excited eyes and asked calmly.

"I would like to have a few words with Edward Hemmins."

Hearing his full name coming from the mouth of the person he admired made him blush. He didn't even get the chance to be nervous when his brother decided to burst his bubbles with his next words.

"He is present. Keep talking." Victor acted like he didn't see his brother's expression fall and continued to keep his calm.

Realizing that Victor had no intention of handing the phone over to Edward, the person on the line had no choice but to continue with his plan.

"Firstly, I would like to apologize regarding my company's staff's behaviour today. It was unacceptable and I have taken action to make sure this doesn't happen again."

"And." Victor knew there was always a catch to apologies by a businessman.

"You are a smart guy I see.", the person on the line said but he didn't wait for any response and continued, "I would like to arrange a meeting tomorrow with Edward concerning his interview for the internship program."

"Hell nah."

The room went silent.

"Vickyyy~", Edward was so surprised by his brother's words that he unintentionally whimpered and pouted.

Hearing the voice the person on the line felt his grip on the phone suddenly get tighter. 'So cute.'

"Sorry. That's not what I meant." It wasn't clear if Victor was apologizing to the person on the phone or his now pouting big brother, or maybe both.

"You see Edward has been suffering from a fever since yesterday and today's events made it worse so tomorrow is just not possible considering his health. " Victor explained.

"I see." Damon already had a hunch about this so he agreed quickly. "Then it would be better to let Edward take some rest and heal up before the interview. How does next week's Thursday sound?"

That was more than a week time since today was Tuesday. It was more than enough time to heal. Even Victor was surprised.

Edward nodded excitedly.

"Okay."Victor agreed.

"Then it's fixed. Thursday, 25th of August, at 10 am.", Mr Venells announced.

"Sure. "

"Have a great day ahead." The line was disconnected.

There was a moment of silence before Edward squealed. He jumped around a bit in happiness before walking up the stairs to do what he had originally planned to do.

Victor smiled at his brother's reaction however he made a mental note of how this CEO - Mr Damon Venells had said Edward's name casually after the first time as if they were close. 'A businessman is never to be trusted' was Victor's life motto.

On the other side, Damon had put down his phone and leaned back on his seat.

The whine through the phone was still in his head. He just couldn't forget how cute that sounded. If only the words were different. Even though he knew that guy was just Edward's younger brother it still bothered him a bit.