CHAPTER 6

Edward closed the door behind him and shrugged off his sneakers. His day's weight hung heavily on his shoulders as he dragged himself into the house.

In the living room, he was greeted by a surprised Victor while Lily seemed unfazed. They both were situated on a carpet in the middle of the living room, using the coffee table as their desk to do what seemed like their homework. Pretty sure Emma was also supposed to be with them in their study session but she was nowhere to be seen.

"Didn't you say you were gonna be late?" Victor inquired, "You went to a new job right?"

His words made Edward remember all the stuff that happened and he felt like bawling his eyes out. He couldn't help the tears he tried to sniff away. His bag tugged on the floor.

Victor stood up quickly and walked across the room, "What happened? Was it bad?"

Lily paused her work, concern etching her features.

As soon as Edward's eyes met Victor's the waterfall started. "Vicky..!!!.", Edward whined as his younger brother moved in front of him and stroked his back soothingly.

"What happened?" Vicky asked, voice soft and soothing that he used every time to console his elder brother.

"I lost the job and", tears were already falling down Edward's eyes, "and Damon is disappointed in me.."

Vicky wasn't sure what he was more confused about- why he lost the job or why he met Mr Venells and did he just call Mr Venells, 'Damon'. Thinking better of it he slowly pulled his crying brother towards the couch. Once they were seated Lily pulled out tissues and handed them to Edward.

"Ed, what happened?", Victor asked calmly as he gave a pillow to Edward, "Tell me from the start. You went to the Club and?"

Edward sniffed a few times and started telling them everything.

Edward felt like his legs were nailed to the ground as he looked up at the one man he admired the most, looking so furious at him.

But that shifted when the old man came outside of the washroom and stood behind him.
Damon eye's narrowed as the old man shifted closer to Edward.

Edward felt the old man's arm weight down on his right shoulder making him shudder. His gut clenched as he felt the old man's breath behind his ears as he spoke, "Hello Mister, can I help you?"

"What is going on here?", Damon questioned back.

Even though he sounded calm Edward could feel the irritation in his voice. It scared him further and suddenly all he could see was his feet.

"Oh- it's just this waiter had to take care of something for me. Don't worry about it. it's nothing.", the old man sounded unbothered.

Edward was shaking from the pressure of being under two presences- one who made him wanna puke and one whom he desperately wanted to look good in front of.

"Get your hands off of him.", Damon commanded. Edward suddenly felt so much smaller and his feet were cricketing while his sweaty palms rubbed up and down his sides.

The old man didn't feel the same.

"What's your problem, young man? I told you it's nothing. Be on your Merry way."

"I think you failed to understand me. I said get. your. filthy. hands.off.of.his.shoulders." Damon's voice went lower with each word.

Edward flinched as he felt goosebumps all over his body.  His legs felt like jelly.