Chapter 2: Paris Is Beautiful At Night

AN: (When you pause at the perfect moment of the opening. This is miraculously out of context. As Cat Noir would say, "This is purrfection!")

(Hannah/Raccoon Gris's POV)

"Why can't I speak properly when I'm with Daniela? I have so much to say, but it all comes out as incoherent sentences." I tug on my hair a little bit. "It's because you're head over heels for her." Gazz remarks with a smirk. "Thanks for stating the obvious, Gazz. Like I did not already realize. I hope that Daniela doesn't know how much I love her." I gulp down the saliva in my throat.

"Am I being too obvious with my feelings and actions, or not obvious enough? Gazz, why is love so difficult to understand!?" I let out a long sigh. "It's alright Hannah, love is a complex thing. There's no simple way to be in love with someone. I've been with countless people who have been in the same situation as you, being in love with someone." Gazz stated, reminded of the past thousand or more years that went by.

"Yeah, but mine is different because most of the couples you've seen were probably straight. I'm not straight at all. It's more like a circle than a straight line." I chuckled softly under my breath. "You'll be surprised how many people weren't straight." Gazz told me. "Really? I thought it was illegal to be homosexual back then?" I asked. "Yeah, it was, but it didn't stop people from loving one another." Gazz smiled.

"True, love conquers hate. So, if I were to turn that to heroes and villains, the heroes would always win." I smugly smirked. "I sometimes feel bad for how Hawk Moth feels. He's trying so hard to get our miraculouses, yet he continuously fails to do so."

"That's called being sympathetic. Most people feel that way." Gazz started flying in front of me to meet me at eye level. "You feel it too. That's why you were chosen to be the superheroes of Paris." I smile, bringing my hand to pat Gazz's head. "Hypothetically, if there's more than just the miraculous that we now know, how many of them are in Paris?"

"I'm not sure. Maybe there's some, maybe not. Who knows." Gazz smirks, hiding the truth, making me look dumb. "Uggh, I hate when you play dumb. You're hiding something, I just know it." I lower my eyebrows, making my face a more serious one. "W-what? What do you mean that I'm hiding something?" Gazz's eyes dart around my room. "This, this is explaining that you do." I circle my finger at the facial expression on his face.

My eyes slowly look at the time on the clock in my room. "No, I'm going to be late! Gazz, why didn't you tell me!?" I jump out of my bed. "Hannah, I was going -" "Gazz, Let's Snatch!" I transformed into Raccoon Gris before letting Gazz finish. My familiar costume enveloped my body. The sound of my notifications erupted throughout my room.

"I hope I didn't make Feline Nuit worry too much about me." I grabbed my window and slowly opened it. Jumping out of the window, launching myself into the air. The cool air whips across my face when I run from rooftop to rooftop.

I met up with Feline Nuit a short time after leaving the house. "You finally made it, trash panda." Feline Nuit stated. "I'm sorry, kitty, but I got a little hung up on something." I put my hand on the back of my head, sheepishly. "It's alright, I understand that living a double life is hard work." Feline Nuit pats my shoulder.

"Thank you so much for being so understanding." I smile at her. "You're welcome, m'lady." She kissed my hand, then winked at me. Making my face turn pink. I'm just easily flustered. "A-anyways, we should get g-oing with the patrol." I change the subject, making sure that my face isn't seen by Feline Nuit.

"You're trying to hide your face from me, m'lady. How cute!" Feline Nuit chuckled at how amusing I can be. "Stop it!" I hide my face in my hands. "Anyways, I think you're right. We should start patrol." She didn't want to divulge any of my personal information from me.

"Yeah, see you in 30 minutes." I jump away from where we were on the rooftop. My hair whips around my face, the air is crisp and cold.

"What was I thinking? Showing how gay I am in front of her. Kitty won't think the same of me after that. She's going to think I'm an awful person." I mutter to myself, overthinking. I shake my head, then look for any irregularities in Paris, akumatized villains, or any other of Hawk Moth's tricks.

Jumping from rooftop to rooftop seeing the occasional fans admire me and point at me. I can't help but feel happy at how much I mean to the people of Paris.

After 30 minutes have passed l returned to our meeting spot. Feline Nuit arrived shortly after me. "Have you found anything? I haven't." She looks at me, and all I do is shake my head at her.

"No, I haven't. It's weird to have a break from the fighting." I yawn while stretching my back, and the lack of sleep I had during the past few weeks starts to set in.

"It is peaceful. We can go to the Eiffel Tower and look out at the sky. If you want to?" Feline Nuit suggested. "Sure, it won't hurt if I go with you for a little bit. We can race there, I think it'll make things more interesting." I smirk, looking for competition.

"You're on. The last one there is a rotten egg!" She leaps off the building, propelling herself forward, towards the Eiffel Tower. "No fair, kitty, you get a head start." I yell to her, I swiftly maneuver myself to the same place as Feline Nuit.

We both struggled to maintain first place, but in the end, I won. "Even with the head start, I won." I boast to her. "Are you sure you won? I did get a head start through."

We both laugh and sit down on the top of the Eiffel Tower.

"Paris is beautiful at night."