Chapter 3 ~History~

Warning️ Blood, guns, attempted kidnapping, attempted murder, murder, corpses

Lovely by Billie Ellish and Khalid

I loved running. I really did.
But I can't bring myself to run anymore. Unless my life is in danger of some sort. Which happens often.

I just can't bring myself to run for fun. It doesn't excite me anymore as it used too. Not after the incident with my parents. It scarred me, I didn't even see it coming. I couldn't even believe it at the moment.

I do know one thing now, humans were cruel creatures in this world, even though they had marked us as the dangerous ones. All because we were werewolves...

___________________

Y/n: 9 years old.

"Mom, c'mon let's go! You promised we'd go out on a run together!!"

I yelled from the other side of the door of my parents bedroom. No movement was heard from the inside, so curious me, I went to go check why my mom wasn't answering.

As soon as I walked in, pitch blackness over took my vision, slightly blinding me, and as any little kid, the dark scared me.

Carefully walking towards the big figure of the bed, watching my step, I was just able to see my mom's back towards me.

*crash*

"..." Was something playing with my mind or did I hear glass break?

I hop onto my parents bed, gently shaking my mom as the open window blew in a cold breeze. A cold breeze that sent shivers to my ears, as they slightly droop down out of fear.

"Mom can we go now?" Shaking her again, more aggressively. But still I had no answer. Although, my hands had a weird feeling to them, they felt... wet?

I turn my mom's body towards me with some struggle, my hands now slipping on her clothing, and I was met with her eyes staring right back at me. I giggle at her dumb actions, "Mom I know you're awake!!" But her eyes seemed slightly different-?

"You kind do not deserve to live. Die."

A voice from the shadows spoke out, and a gun shot, the bullet just barely missing my ear. The figure walked out of the darkness, yet still unrecognizable, more shots were fired, one hitting the tip of my ear, leaving a stinging pain, but as I crouch down, some bullets hit my mom's, what I assumed, already lifeless body.

"WHY WONT YOU DIE." The dark shadow was now reloading their gun.

I grabbed what I could, being a pillow, and threw the pillow towards it, successfully hitting my target, as I slam the door and sprint down the stairs.

I had to find my dad.

Where was my dad.

Checking through room after room, my dad was sitting on his chair, reading the newspaper. He didn't hear the bullets?