8

Just be Golden, Hermione.

Just be Golden.

She repeated this in a circle, reminding herself that she was Golden and not Hermione Granger.

The opposite of who she was.

Being fierce, proud, and confident in herself.

She nodded slowly as her legs dangled in front of her, seated in a chair at the bar as she watched Pansy and Malfoy converse to each other in whispers. Hermione couldn't believe she was here, at Erotic, dressed in a tight red dress with a different appearance. She couldn't believe she was a different person.

Different hair, eyes, and face.

It was astounding, being this way inside a strip club.

Almost like breaking the rules.

She smiled, humored.

Nonetheless, Hermione was here and ready to show anyone that she could be confident within herself.

All it took was practice.

Fake it until you make it.

She lightly smiled, amused at those words. Knowing anyone in life does this to get throughout their day-to-day lives. Hell, she does every day at the Ministry.

She frowned, remembering what she'll have to face come Monday. Seeing Malfoy as her actual self and not this person. Not Golden. He'll be pissed or maybe, it'll be gone since he's here; drunk and enjoying the atmosphere.

Lifting her eyes, she scanned Malfoy from head to toe. White-crisped button shirt, the first two unbuttoned. She gulped the saliva that formed inside. Black trousers that hugged his every curve in the best way. She shifted in her seat, adjusting her dress. Black dress shoes polished brightly.

Her eyes scanned back up to his face. The latter's attention on Pansy as she excitingly waved her arms and expressed openly about whatever she was talking about. He listened to every word she had to say as he nodded and let his opinions come out to play at the right times.

His eyes moved back and forth between Pansy's, shining like the lights inside the club. His brows lifted in amusement, letting a smirk present itself. Hermione squeezed her hands onto her dress, feeling the fabric scrunch together.

That smirk.

He must've felt her stare as his eyes swept to her own, holding the contact. He continued to stare even though he kept nodding to Pansy's words. His eyes dragged over her face until they moved downwards, eyes widening slightly at the right places on her body. She held her dress tight, watching his reactions awaken.

His silver eyes connected with forest green again, holding them like it was some competition before Hermione got overwhelmed and looked away. Breaking the tension. She swallowed before signaling a bartender to bring her a shot of the strongest alcohol they've got.

It was placed in front of her, a long-veiny hand holding it delicately as if rewarded to her. Hermione clenched her jaw as she looked up into those silver eyes again, the latter with a lazy smile given to her.

"First drink?"

Her hand went to grab the shot glass too slowly, feeling Malfoy's fingertips graze her knuckles before he let go and shot back his own drink down; swiping the dripping liquid on the side of his mouth with this thumb. She squeezed the shot gloss, some liquid spilling.

His eyes caught the movement, chuckling at her clumsiness. "Not your first drink, then?"

Hermione shook her head deliberately. "No." He chuckled again as she understood what he meant. "No, I mean." She nervously laughed as she said, "Yes. My first drink." She swallowed in nerves. "It is my first drink."