Vents and Confessions - 4

Z O R A ' S   P O V

"212-886-7398, Mr. Tasty ;)"

               I sat at my bedside staring at the note, in shock and some horror. For one, he knew about me and Indiya's secret name for him. Secondly, the De'andre Willis had given me his number!

                I haven't slept all night but luckily today I was off of work. Peering over at the digital clock sitting on my bedside table I read the time, 6:38. All night I wanted to call Indiya to tell her what happened but I didn't want to wake her knowing that she did have work today.

           "finally" I exclaimed grabbing my phone clicking Indiya's contact and hitting call. It was finally late enough in the day to call her knowing that she would probably be in her car driving to work right now. I blankly stared at the wall, hearing the phone ring in the background.

          "Hello? Zora?" I heard breaking me from my thoughts.

         "yea, hey Indiya. Can you talk right now I kinda need to vent."

       "Of course, but you only have like 9 minutes I'm almost at work." she said as I nodded about to speak before she cut me off. "Why are you calling me this early girl, isn't it your off day? I would expect you to be sleeping in?"

          "Yea I guess but I couldn't sleep," I explained as she nodded. "So basically-" I tried to give her the best summary I could getting some "omg" and "wtf"s in reply. "yea so basically that's what happened." I said as she stared into the camera with her mouth sitting slightly open.

          "Why did I not know about this ?" she screamed as she started to get out of her car and walk towards the building.

       "I don't know, yesterday I was just so busy and embarrassed and I didn't really want to talk to anybody. I just need some advice, like what do I do? Call him, text him?" I said rubbing my eyes walking to my bathroom. It was silence for a few seconds as Indiya started breaking up because of the restaurants bad wifi.

        "Oh shit, listen Zora just do what feels right. I would love to help you more right now but Cassandras coming and I'm already late! Bye love you!" she said in a rush then blew me a kiss, sending me a text that read "Come over after my shift and we'll talk abt it ;)" I dropped my hand to my side and continued to shower, brush my teeth, do my skincare, do my hair, then get my clothes on.

      I put on a brown matching workout set that definitely was giving my body the definition it needed, sliding on my running shoes and and putting on my pullover

      I put on a brown matching workout set that definitely was giving my body the definition it needed, sliding on my running shoes and and putting on my pullover. I grabbed my water bottle, keys, wallet, and book bag walking out my apartment.

         I caught the bus to a free gym near in the Central Park area

I caught the bus to a free gym near in the Central Park area. Working out for a few hours, I finished my workout and decided I would walk back to my apartment because it walk only about a 20 minute walk.

      On the way home I spotted a smoothie shop I had usually went to a lot but due to me not being able to workout often, I hadn't. Walking into the shop I was met with a barista who was very familiar with me, as was he. "Oh my gosh Zora hiii, you haven't been here in forever!" Chris spoke making sure to drag out the "ever". "Yea I know, I've just been so busy! How's everything?" I questioned, "Its the same, the same its been since you last we're here girl." We caught up a bit as I gave him my order, going to pay I hearth bells on the door jingle. Not paying any mind to it because customers were coming in and out of the store during our conversation.

       "Zora?" I heard, feeling a tap on my shoulder I turned around with my eyes meeting the familiar brown ones from yesterday night.