Calls and Connections - 17

Z O R A ' S   P O V

I slightly peeked my eye open but quickly shut it again wincing from the bright lights shining through his large bedroom windows. I looked over seeing De'andre laid on his stomach with his head resting on one of his arms with the other on my naval holding me.

"Damn." I whispered to myself looking over his absolutely marvelous figure, although it was just his back due to the rest of him being covered by his comforter. The muscles the decorated his skin honestly had me gripping the sheets just at the sight.

I slowly removed his hand and sat up from the bed looking into the tall mirror that sat on his wall. I looked at my bare body and my big curly afro and admired my picture. I ripped my eyes away to look back at De in the same position before standing up and putting on my underwear, his T-shirt, and grabbing  my phone before I went into the kitchen. 

I checked my phone receiving a bunch of notifications on instagram of people following and liking my posts. I quickly went to my settings and switched my Instagram to private before slamming my phone down and taking a deep breath. 

I made a bowl of cereal then sat at his kitchen island scrolling through my TikTok for you page laughing at memes and videos I saw. I was halfway through my bowl of cheerios before I felt a muscular pair of arms snake around my waist making me jump and squeal. 

"Mhmmm, you look so sexy like this." De'andre mumbled as reburied his head into my neck and kissed it.

I wiped my mouth and swatted him away. "Boy gone, you see me trying to eat." He backed up and smiled in my face before coming back and tickling and hugging me again. "Play to much..." I tried to get out while laughing and hugging him back.

"Im sorry I just can't resist my girl." He joked before he backed up and walked to the cabinet to grab himself a bowl and spoon. I went back,  to scrolling before he started talking again. "Soooo.. I was thinking. " 

"Ok...?" I replied while I watched him suspiciously.

"With all of the new press and stuff going on, I came across a few videos and..." He paused before he looked up at me with a wide grin. I looked at him with a serious look. "So to put it in simple word I have a charity event coming up and after seeing a few videos of you singing online... I was thinking you could sing at the event?" As soon as the words you and sing came out of his mouth I dropped my spoon into the bowl and dropped my jaw right along with it.

"Oh no no no." I waved my hands around in the air while he looked at me with a disappointed look.

"What do you mean no?"

"I mean no!" I explained getting up and rising out my bowl. He came behind me and turned off the tap and started to feel me up.

"I thought you liked to sing? I thought it was like your dream." He questioned me in my ear while I crossed my arms.

"I do but-"

"But what? Its my event so I'll make sure you're comfortable and have everything you need. I don't want to pressure you but I'm telling you, if you want to go pro in the industry this would be really good to jumpstart you." 

I sat in his arms for a moment considering the opportunity, even though I hadn't sang in years it was my passion. My goal has always been to save money by working at the restaurant while also working on my career but lately its all been about surviving.

"Its just what if I get infant of all those people and embarrass myself or something. Like what am I even gonna wear... Oh my god! What if I die on stage? I mean like what if I choke on caviar or whatever you rich people eat!" I said panicking a little while he just chuckled and spun me around to face him.

"Your gonna be fine, all you gotta do is say yes and I'll have everything set up for you, plus I hate caviar." He exclaimed emphasizing the word hate. stuck out his lip and stared into my eyes with his puppy dog ones. I tried not to smile standing there with my arms crossed as I smirked in his face.

"Yes okay!" I finally gave in as he hugged me around my waist while I smiled to myself struggling to hold in my excitement.

°•°•°•°•°•°

Indiya and I sat down at out table in this small lunch spot in SoHo.

"Bitch..." She dragged out slamming her bag onto the table as I started laughing and apologized quickly. "You better explain yourself."

"Im sorry! I dont know what happened, we were just on the Ferris wheel and I got like... a feeling." I said giving her a look and sipped my drink in which she returned the favor. "So after the Ferris wheel were walking out and, there's like a hundred thousand paparazzi camping at his car!" 

Indiya's jaw dropped and she placed her drink down.

"Oh no, that's not even the worst of it. So De is obviously pissed and I understand that right, but we are walking to the car and this guy like shoves me!" 

"Oh hell no!"

"Right!" I exclaimed back. "But then De'andre like turns super cold and like shoves me into the car before he goes and knocks this bitch out!" 

"Damn. I ain't know he had that ghetto in him!" She jokes as we both burst out into laughter.

"But then we went home and had shower sex and he offered to let me sing at his charity event next week." I said softly smiling as she grabbed my hands.

"Oh my god Zo! We'll talk about the sex later but you're singing again!" She raised our hands together and shook them.

"I know I'm super excited! But enough about me, how have you been?" I questioned.

"Um, stressed to say the least. Things aren't looking too good with Ariana and I just need a break." 

Ariana is Indiya's slutty cheating girlfriend which who I've told her to leave many times already.

"Why have you not dumped her already! She's not good for you and you know this." I explained looking over the menu.

"No but she apologized and admitted that it was a moment of weakness and honestly I believe her! She said she still loves me!" She places her hand on her heart and looks at me for approval. 

"No Indiya! that's what she said last time and honestly-" I was cut off by something I noticed in the distance hiding near a tree. "Wait do you see that guy?" 

Indiya quickly turned around. "What guy?" 

"That guy!" I pointed to a man hiding behind a tree recording me and Indiya with a camera. "What the fuck?" 

°•°•°•°•°•°

Holaaaaaa

Im backkk!!!

Cheer season just started so I might be a little more inactive than I've been sorryyyy 

but I missed u guys sm and just wanted to say thank you so much for all of the support!!! 

nothing else to say so deuces <33

dont forget to vote and comment !!