Chapter 9: Sadness.

It had been about two full years since me and my siblings left home. We were skilled fliers, and I was still the largest. I led them with pride, yet Thor was starting to feel an ache in his heart, as he described. I racked my mind for anything like this in the books I'd read from when I was human. After a bit, I realized I had read a book in Dragons and what age they mate.

They often felt a heartache for a mate at 5 or 6 years of age. At 7 years of age, was when they were allowed to mate. Maybe being a dragon nerd would help me. Hm. I went off on my own, and found an ancient library in the middle of nowhere....

Well, more like a few random bookshelves with decomposing books. I grabbed one, and looked into it. Even though I had never read in this odd language before, I still was able to read it. A bit ago I had discovered my fur was nothing like my father's. His fur was white, mine was shades of blue, purple, and had an underbelly of white. A picture of a large male dragon who almost matched me was in the book. It said that he..

He was the lord of dragons?! It also said he had a male heir, somewhere, believing they were a different Dragon. The Dragon Lord was apparently an Emperor Dragon, with fur, and could use any type of breath. I inhaled, and coughed up a spark of flame. Was I.. I couldn't be. I took the book back home with me, and hid it. I curled up, and went to sleep, not having an appetite currently, although I wasn't quite sure why.

294 words! Sorry it's so short!