I Won't Say I'm in Love

Allison, a few weeks later, was cooking dinner for her and Buck

Allison, a few weeks later, was cooking dinner for her and Buck. He was living with her permanently now and she didn't mind. She was growing to love the man and luckily, he didn't know. At least not yet. Buck was working late tonight but he promised to be home for dinner.

Elliot, her father, had a date with some woman who Allison hasn't met yet and that's okay. Her father deserves to be happy and she knows he wishes the same for her.

Allison stirs the food she was making and it smelled fantastic. Eddie and Christopher were going to join them, but things came up and they rescheduled, which was okay. After what happened to Shannon, Eddie wanted some space. Allison was okay with it and assured him that she was there for him and Christopher.

Even if he needed help planning the funeral for his wife...

Allison let out a small sigh and stops stirring for a moment and set the spoon down and leans against the island in her kitchen. She was in her pajamas and her damp hair was in a loose braid. She lets out another breath and the door opened making her jump and revealing Buck.

"Don't worry, it's just me, Ali," assures Buck putting his keys down and his clothes in the hamper next to the door so she could do his laundry for the next day.

"I'm sorry, it's gonna take a while to get used to..." Allison spoke quietly looking down as he walked up to her and touched her chin, bringing it up to look at him.

"It's okay, Ali. You know I understand," responds Buck as he smiles at her. She gently smiles back and he turns to look at the food. "Oh, is that what I think it is?"

"Yes, my famous cajun chicken pasta with homemade coleslaw." Allison grins.

"God, I love your food," Buck states making her heart thump hard against her chest. "As beautiful as the one who's making it"

No chance, no way. I won't say it, no, no.

Allison's heart began to pound against her chest again as her face turns a little red. "Um... thank you." She whispers embarrassed.

Buck leans down and kisses her cheek gently. "You're welcome. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to take a quick shower and then we will eat" With that, Buck walks off to the shower and the room became silent.

It's too cliché, I won't say I'm in love.

Allison begins stirring as her laptop begins ringing, blinking, she looks over seeing her father's number on there. A smile graces her lips as she walks over to answer it.

"Hey, Dad,"

"Look at you with all the smiles. Did you have a good day?"

"Pfft," Allison giggles. "I always have a good day. I don't know who's been telling you otherwise." Elliot laughs a little bit. "Now tell me, how did the date go?"