Niki

I was now lying on my bed, holding my knees to my chest. What was wrong with me? I was straight. I had to be. Being gay or lesbian or whatever else was fine. Just not with me.

I needed to tell someone, but who? Not Ozzy, he would leak it no matter how hard he tried not to. Definitely not my ditzy friend that I forgot the name of. Maybe Niki? Yeah, Niki.

I rolled over and unplugged my phone, opening up discord. I didn't feel like just a regular call at this particular moment. I texted her to join the vc on our discord server with Ozzy. I hoped Ozzy was asleep.

I heard the noise of Niki joining the server. "Hey, what's up?" Her kind voice rang through my room.

"Hey- are you streaming?" I asked. I couldn't tell her if she was streaming. Then everyone would know.

"Yeah, I am. I can end now, if you want?"

"No it's fine. I can wait." I replied anxiously. It was probably good that she was streaming. I wasn't ready to tell her yet.

I decided to stay on call while she played on her smp. We made small talk and laughed a bit, but not much. It was mainly to entertain her chat while she built.

After a while, I started to get drowsy, but somehow managed to stay awake. I heard her door open, and an obnoxious voice enter the room. "Niki, Niki, Niki, Niki, who are you talking to?" He whined.

I burst into laughter while Niki covered her face. "Tommy, meet my friend Echo."

He paused. "Is that her real name?"

At this point, tears were falling out of my eyes, and I was clutched over holding my stomach. Niki was just a giggling mess.

Then another British voice entered the room. "Tommy, leave poor Niki alone" he sighed.

I smiled. Wilbur was here. He was the only other one on the smp I knew, besides Puffy. "Hi Wilbur!" I managed to gasp in between my now wheezing self. Not a Dream wheeze, but a wheeze nonetheless.

"Hello German number 2" he said. I could tell he had a stupid, lopsided grin. The few members of Niki's smp I knew were like family to me. I would love to meet the rest of the smp.

Niki sighed. "I'll change this to a just chatting then." While she changed the category, Wilbur rounded up the smp that was on the trip, making sure that the faceless streamers got onto a vc.

Social anxiety hit me like a train as people began to slowly trickle into the room. I took a deep breath and smiled. "Um, hi...I'm Echo. That's not my real name, obviously. So, uh, yeah."

The room went silent and Niki smiled. "They like your accent Nyssa!"

I blinked. "Oh, uh, thanks. I think."

I heard a wheeze. A teakettle wheeze. Time to make Quackity whom I had not met yet proud. "AYEEEEEEE DREAMMM MY MAN, HOW YA DOING?"

Everybody burst into laughter as.I slowly began to realize that Tommyinnit did that, not Quackity. I laughed at my own stupidity, as everyone else laughed at my not meant to be an imitation of Tommy imitation of Tommy.

"I'm doing well Echo. You?"

I stopped breathing. This was the big boss man. The one who ran the smp. I had to make a good impression. I smiled and arranged myself, using a fancy voice. "Well hello Dream. I'm doing well, thank you for asking."

I could tell everybody was barely holding back their laughter, while I just sat there hoping I scored a point with the big boss man. He laughed.

"Niki has a good taste in friends."

Then my sarcastic side took over me. "Nope. I'm just so awesome that nobody can go wrong with me."

More laughter filled the vc and I smiled. I think I like Niki's friends. They're pretty pog if I do say do myself.

Time skip-

I was now alone on call with Niki. We both just sat there quietly, not breaking the silence. Mainly because we were both too awkward to try to strike up conversation.

"Niki, I have a thing I need to tell you" I whispered, half hoping she didn't hear me and that I could pretend last night never happened. But life is never on my side, so she heard just fine.

"What's up?" Her gentle voice soothed me, and I took a deep breath.

"Last night I went to a party with a friend. And I saw a round of spin the bottle, so, naturally, I joined. It was going great, I was kissing fuck boys, it was fine. But then I kissed a girl. And I swear to god, that is the best feeling I have ever felt in my life Niki. And I was fine with that. But then I kissed a boy and hated it. It was the absolute worst. I'm supposed to be straight Niki, straight." I felt tears prick my eyes.

Niki was just smiling at me. "It's going to be fine, I promise. The fans will understand, and if they don't, who cares? You'll always have me!" My heart melted.

Niki was the best friend ever.

I smiled and leaned against my bed frame. "Night Niki" I whispered.

"Night Nys."

A/N
I. Love. This. Book.
Also...expect a new book in about a week! And less updates. I start school on Monday. 7th grade bitches ;)