Chapter 51

"summer is over"

Andrew's POV

"Chug! Chug! Chug!" Chants came from all over the room as they cheered while I drank up the last bit of beer and threw the red solo cup on the table.

Roars of celebration broke through as random people patted me on the back like I did some remarkable thing.

Whatever I just need another drink.

I walked over to where there was more beer and pulled out another can.

"Are you an alcoholic?" A feminine voice asked making me turn my head to see a smirk displayed on a redhead with brunette eyes.

"Nice one," I commented before opening the booze and taking a sip. "Do I know you? You look familiar."

"Wow, and here I thought I was special." She said as she walked closer to me. "Was our night not memorable?" Stepping nearer until she could whisper in my ear. "Maybe we should try it again."

She moved away to where I could see a seductive look displayed. "Maybe we should," Confirming it as I was about to close the small gap that remained, we were interrupted.

"Andrew?" A voice called, making me and the girl pull away and turn to face the person. Of course, it has to be her, the one and only Brooke Davis. "I didn't know you were here."

"Didn't think I need to make an announcement," I spoke seeing the brunette's eyes drift to the girl that was beside me.

"Okay," The redhead dragged before continuing, " As much as I love drama, I'm just going to get a drink." She started to walk off but before getting too far away she turned back. "Find me later and we could finish what we started." Her eyes met Brooke's. "This time without any interruption." She smirked before leaving.

I chuckled under my breath at the girl which caused Davis to turn her attention back to me. She opened her mouth to speak but closed it. Probably fighting the urge to ask me who the girl was.

I should probably learn her name.

"I've been going to your house to see you but no one answers. I would text you but that's not reliable anymore." She remarked, referencing me not responding to her throughout the summer. It's easier like that.

I mean come on, did she actually believe that 'I would still be here' bull crap?

"I'm not home that often," I answer simply not wanting to further this conversation. So I tried walking away but she just followed.

"Why's that?" She asked behind me causing my eyes to roll due to her being persistent.

Working.

"Not really your business is it?" I state. Let this girl take the hint.

I feel a tug on my arm which made me stop and turn back. "Can you just talk to me, Andrew?" She pleaded, with her soft tone. The one that used to make me want to answer her immediately a few months ago.

Keywords, used to.

"Is this not talking?" Gesturing to us as she subtly rolled her eyes, getting frustrated.

Just leave it's not that hard.

She did it before.

I glanced up to see another person I wasn't happy to see walking in our direction. Now it was my turn to roll my eyes. "Great, your lover boy is coming," I uttered causing Brooke to turn her head to see Lucas before returning her attention to me once again. "Have a fun night, Brooke."

"Andrew!" She called out as I walked outside, not bothering to look back.

She got what she wanted.

I strolled down the beach and sat down, being careful not to spill my drink that was probably not cold anymore but I could care less. If it eases the pain so be it. Taking a drink from the can as I watched the waves crash together.

"Hey man," I heard Nathan say as he sat beside me.

"Hey," I respond, keeping my attention on the water ahead of me.

"I know you're probably tired of me asking this but are you okay?" Hearing the same question that I've heard throughout the summer.

"Yeah," I repeat the same answer for the millionth time.

"I know that's bullshit but okay," I hear him say which made me chuckle and turn to him.

"Glad to have you back, Nate."

"Are you sure about that because I'm probably gonna be bothering you 24/7?" He asked.

"Better you than anybody else, to be honest," I told him gaining a chuckle from him. "Ready for basketball season?"

"Yeah," He replied before continuing, "I mean it's only you and me that really have a chance to bring this team something since Lucas is playing like crap."

"Doesn't he always," I said earning a laugh from the young Scott brother while I finished my drink.

"How many have you had to drink?" He asked as he looked at the beer.

Let's see, I drank a few before I got here, and then when I did arrive I had-

You know what, there's no point in even trying to keep count.

"I could answer but it would just be a guess. I don't think it was a lot though." I shrugged before picking myself up but not without a bit of a stumble.

Guess I thought wrong.

"Well, there's the answer. Come on," Nodding his head in a direction as he stood. "I'll give you a ride."

"Great because the idea of walking back home does not sound appealing," I said as I followed Nathan's steps.

"You didn't ride your bike?"

Ah yes, my wonderful motorcycle. The one I had been wanting since I could remember and a gift from...a wonderful mother.

Yeah, that pain is never going away.

I shake my head, "I can't." Earning a confused look from Nate. "Just too much," I stated which made him nod in understanding.

"You'll get there." He replied as we walked to the car.

"Yeah, maybe."

Or not.

A/N
I know this is a short chapter but this is only to kick start season 3. Anyways I have plenty of drama planned so take that as you will.

Thank you all for reading and see y'all next time! 💙