The New Life Begins

Everything I remember is my name.

I wake up. I'm lying on my side in the middle of a forest. I start moving to get up but stop. What? I have yellow pads. I get up, leaning on my paws. I take a bag that is on the ground. The bag has a yellow heart-shaped pin. On the clip is written "Aura" in red letters.

Aura is my name.

I catch that I'm next to a lake. I pad closer to the water. I get down and start to drink the clear water. The water is cold and tastes good.

I see something in the water. After waiting, I see- it's a Riolu.

"W-what? I-I'm a Riolu now..." Soon, I accepted my new form because I couldn't change it, so I would better embrace it.

Then I see someone coming, and as they come closer, I figure out: who is coming is black fox-like pokémon. "Hey, are you lost, little one?"

I nod, "w-who are you?"

The pokémon I now identify as Zorua says, "the name's Shadow. What about yours?"

"A-Aura."

I hesitate, but then I tell everything I know, even that I was human before. I don't have anywhere to go."

I'm scared of not knowing where I am. I can't resist anymore and start to cry.

Shadow's pov

He cries.

I spread my paws, serving a hug.

Back to Aura's pov

I see her aura being friendly and worried. I hug her, and she puts her paws around me.

I wet her fur with my tears. "Sh, sh. It's alright," she whispers.

When I start to calm down.

She says, "don't you really have a home?"

I shake my head. "no, I don't."

She says, "want to live with my parents and me? I'm sure they'll let you stay when they know what has happened." I'm nervous. "You think they'll be okay with this," I point at a diaper between my paws. "I need it because I can't hold, um – you know what I mean."

"I bet it's okay for them." Then we leave.

A/N

That was the beginning of Aura's and Shadow's story.

What do you think? Let me know in the comments.