Capitolo Undici | Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

The tormented daughter of Sergio Brando Camorra had become blind.

Visually impaired to the real struggle that she was to partake in.

Her grief had made her lose sight of everything else.

She knew her mind was settling and going back to normal when she registered the love she felt for her people here.

They did their best.

Her bitterness had not allowed her to see that as she was focused on one situation at which they had not even been present.

The conversation with Lorenzo had opened her eyes in a way like never before. Since then, she had started paying more attention.

To the children, women, men and every person who still came to her even after she had treated them like they were nothing.

Most of all she was grateful to her Rosetta, Davide, Vito and Domenico for being there for her.

She wouldn't have been here without them. Che diavolo, if it weren't for Rosetta, two of the people she adored so dearly would also have been dead.

Her focus had been on what she had lost but never on what was already there.

The people who had worked so hard to keep her safe, clothed and alive while she had been so deranged and sick.

They didn't have to. Their loyalty was to her papà. They could have left her but they loved her just as she loved them so she made a vow.

As long as she considered them famiglia, she would protect them and be loyal to them. She was theirs as they were hers.

They would die, mourn and fight as one.

Her papà had never seen it coming. In order to protect the syndicate her ancestors had built she would become fierce.

But she knew she couldn't do it alone.

That was why she currently found herself in the hall at dinner time for the first time in this place.

They hadn't noticed her near the entrance yet as they all talked, told stories and laughed together while they ate Panzenella.

There was barely enough for all of them but nobody complained because they knew they were lucky to even be alive. They hid the pangs of hunger and suffering for the past two years that had gone by with jokes, dedication to keeping every member here alive and making the most of what they had left. As one.

She knew that she had mourned enough. She would be neglecting every part of what her entity stood for she didn't come to them.

They showed her their loyalty, it was time she gave them the answers they wanted. It would kill her from the inside but she was ready to bear it for them.

Domenico was half-heartedly answering questions that a girl named Aria Benedetto was asking him. She was seated between him and Rosetta. Her father who was one of the higher ranked soldiers had died within the estate. She had become familiar with him and Rosetta in the past year.

Aria's mother Camilla Benedetto had effectively gotten Aria and herself outside as they hid and ran when chaos ensued.

Aria was traumatized at first but Rosetta had showed her kindness and she had become her friend over a while. She was thankful that she had her mother for constant support as well.

Over time, Aria had fallen deeper into her pit of affection for Rosetta's brother. Domenico had easily made her blush at first sight because he was very attractive and mature for a young sixteen year old.