summer of 81'

It was the summer of 81'
school wouldn't start for another two days and I didn't know how to feel, was I exited or nervous? I hadn't slept from overthinking. I've been dating bruce since the beginning of summer ,but it hasn't been that long. Nobody knows that we're dating other than our families and my best friend , would people at school say something about us being together? I thought laying in bed thinking to herself.
After a while I calmed myself down, then slowly I closes my eyes, tired of over thinking then suddenly the phone rings. 
Who's calling this early, it's 8am? I complain, wiping my eyes.

I answers after a bit of time.

"hello?"

                                          "hey cece haha"

"bruce?"
                                 "Yep the one and only,
                                            whats up?"

"Nothing really-"

                       "Good because I have a game in
                                     an hour,can you come? "

"sure I'll ask my mom,
she'll 100% say yes, because she loves you"

                         "haha well, that's a good thing
                                    that she approves of me. "

"wait for a minute."

she asks her mom and she obviously said yes

" I told you so, she said yes."

                                          "YES!! I'll see u there!!
                                     until then my love BYE!!"

" bye Brucie love you"
                           "you better be cheering me o-

   I hung up, woke myself up, got ready, and wore this ↓

    My mom said yes to me going to Bruce's game but she couldn't drive me there, so ultimately I had to skate there

    My mom said yes to me going to Bruce's game but she couldn't drive me there, so ultimately I had to skate there. It wasn't that far from my house to the baseball field but it would be boring going there alone, so I went to go get my best friend, Alison .

"ONE SECOND!" someone yells walking to answer the door, the door opens and it's Alison

"Hi Ali!!" I say bear
hugging her
                                       " Heyy" she says
                                         while gasping for air.

"sorry, I have something to ask."

                                                      "What? "
"can you go with me to
Bruce's game?? "
"It gets boring sometimes at his games."

                          " hmm ok but after can we go to
                                                             the diner? "
" I was thinking about
going with bruce after his game. "

                " well I guess I'm third wheeling then."
                        She said with a grin on her face,
                         picking up her skateboard.

"Fine, let's go then we're gonna
be late!!!! "
I say grabbing her arm.

We arrived just before the game started and once I saw bruce, I ran to him and kissed him.

" What was that for?"
He says surprised yet flustered.

                                          " For good luck stupid"
                                     I say with  confidence .

   I ran off the field and onto the bleachers next to alison. " girl, you and him have the most perfect relationship in this town." she says nudging my arm. " yeah I know, I'm lucky to have him." I said smiling at him from afar.

the game was about to end, all the team needed to win was for Bruce to hit a home run.
most people were cheering some other kid's name from the other team, " LETS GO FINNEY 👏👏👏👏👏LET'S GO FINNEY!" I could tell that Bruce wasn't having it. He stepped up to home base, made eye contact with the pitcher, took a deep breath and when the ball came SWING! The ball went up, Bruce ran to first base then second, third, fourth and then finally the ball went out of the park and he touched home base!! "HE WON!!" I said jumping up and down cheering, the other team and people clapped in defeat.  After everyone calmed down,the teams slapped each other's hands. I was walking on the field to congratulate Bruce when he went up to a boy from the other team, I could hear them the closer I got.

" Your arm is mint, you almost had me." he said grinning at the boy

I went next to him and hugged his arm as he said goodbye to the boy as he walked away.

" who was that, bruce?"

                             " finney Blake, he's been my
                                     competition for 3 years. "
                           He said smiling at me.

I kissed him again
" I told you,my kisses
    are good luck."

We walk back to Alison, who just got back from flirting with one of the other players.

" hey so are we going to the diner or what?!"
Alison reminds us.

"Do you want to go to the diner with us? "
I ask Bruce,

"OF COURSE! I'M STARVING!! "

We go to the diner and have fun for the rest of the day, congratulating Bruce's win. We have fun for awhile then we went home. School starts soon and when it does, it will be the end of summer 81'.