sweet to dream

Wow I can't believe it, it's finally 1982 baby! I  kind of finding it hard to believe that it's only been six months since I started dating Bruce, but it has been the best and worst months of my life.
Although I do have something to still worry about, lately I've been hanging out with Vance hopper. I know, I know I shouldn't be sneaking out to see him but he's really fun to be around, he's a good guy it's just that sometimes he can get carried away. I also know that he likes me but I've made it clear to him that I'm with Bruce, so I'm basically friend zoning him.

Me and Vance hang out on Saturday nights, we usually go to his house and watch movies. His mom let's it slide because she's known me since i was little and she knows that Vance and I won't do anything. It's a known fact, well to me and anyone who really knows Vance, that he is a big mama's boy. Anyways I get to his house and knock on his door,

"IN A SECOND!" I hear a loud voice yell.
                           the door opens
"Oh, hey Perez."
"I told you stop using my last name, I feel like I'm being Interigated." I say jokingly.
" hm ok, Perez."
He lets me in the door and I get a whiff of sugar and peanut butter in my face.
"Ooo what's that good smell?" I say looking in the kitchen.
" oh hi araceli, I'm baking you and Vance cookies for your movie night."
" aw thank you, how nice of you."
"Yea thanks mom." he says kissing his mom's cheek as we walk to his room.
" I think it's cute how close you are with your mom." I say laying on his bed.
" yea, yea. What movie do you want to watch?"
"Hm what about jaws?"
" Really? That movie is kind of dumb."
" Please Vance,you said I could pick any movie."
" uh fine!"
After that we watched the movie and it was so good, I love scary movies! They give me thrill in life, plus they don't even scare me. I don't remember much because halfway through it, I fell asleep.

VANCE'S POV

fuck Perez fell asleep, we didn't even get halfway into the movie before it was snooze city. I should wake her up but she looks so comfortable, damn it I don't know what to do. Hmm maybe I can call her mom to pick her up, no it's too late I feel bad to make her mom come here at 2 am, my mind argues between waking her up and letting her sleep. Finally I just decided to let her stay the night, I mean she's already asleep on my bed so I'll just go sleep on the couch.

I take a spare blanket and pillow and go to the couch. I fall asleep as I hear the crickets outside and the leaves russle from the wind, somehow these noises remind me of araceli. I just wish she didn't just see me as a friend and broke up with that dumb bruce kid, why him. I know he's handsome and gets a lot of attention but I am too, well not the attention part but I'm a decent guy. I just wanna punch him in his smug face and have araceli swoon for me, but i know better. Araceli would want me to be the better person and just let it go. I fall asleep and get woken up by someone moving me back and forth. I hear faintly,

"vancey, Vance wake up its time to get up sweetie."
For a moment I thought it was araceli but no, it was my mom.

"Sweetie get up and get ready for school."

"oh hi mom, good morning." I say.

"Vance why are you sleeping on the couch?"

"Oh I let araceli stay over since it was late and she fell asleep halfway through the movie." I explain to her.

"Oh well I'll go wake her up then but does she have spare clothes to wear? "

"Um I don't think so, we didn't really plan this."
Araceli comes from the hallway to the kitchen table.

She's so pretty, even with her messed up bedhead hair.

"sorry Mrs. Hopper, I fell asleep during the movie last night I didn't mean to stay over."

Her voice is so raspy, but in a good way. It's kinda cute.

"Oh it's ok honey, you can stay over anytime you want." my mom says to her.

My mom cooks some eggs and bacon while we got dressed so we just had to serve ourselves, I know araceli doesn't really like eggs since she says they "taste like snot." so I told my mom and she made her some pancakes.

"Um araceli I made you some pancakes since Vancey says you aren't fond of eggs."

"Oh thank you Mrs, but you didn't have to."

"No I insist, your our guest, right Vance."

"Uh yea." I say.

We finish our food a few minutes later.

"Oh araceli, I called your mom and told her that you stayed the night. She said you could stop by your house to pick up your backpack and supplies for school. "

"Oh ok, could you drop me off there Mrs so I can walk to school.

" Sure, I'll drop you off and I'll have Vance walk you to school."

shit I'm going to be seen with her when we go to school, I just know someone is going to say something about us to her boyfriend. I don't want to ruin things for araceli but at the same time I do.
My mom drops us off at her house and she goes in for her stuff, I stayed at the door.

"Vance, you know you can come in right? You weirdo." she says laughing.

I love her laugh so much.

"Oh sorry, I forgot I guess. " I say kind of laughing to myself.

we walk in her house and walk through the hallway to her room, by now her mom already left and dropped off her brothers at school. I don't think her brothers like me that much, araceli says they think I'm a bad influence for her and I'm mean looking. Granted her youngest brother is 6 and he's scared of everything and her other brothers are 17 and being older brothers, they are kind of protective of her. I don't really care about it though, they already know I like her I can sense it. That's probably why they are so judgemental about me. On the other hand, her mom likes me. She thinks that I'm a good boy but she loves Bruce more, I see araceli and her family at Bruce's games cheering him on and her mom is always yelling "LET'S GO BRUCE " I see and hear them every Sunday afternoon.
But anyways araceli got her stuff and we went on our way to school. We were about to turn a corner to the school and araceli grabs my arm.

"Ay what's the big idea?"

"Hey um Vance, could we... split up so no one will see us go in together? "

I was hoping she would say this but it kind of hurt to actually hear it.

"Oh um sure, you go first then, I'll see you in science class." I say.

"Ok bye, see ya."
She says walking away to the gates and running to her friends.

I love her, I want to be with her so bad. She's so perfect, I love her little flaws like her nose, her hip dip, her eyebrows, her acne, her smile, her legs, her little freckles that appear everywhere. I love everything about her, I remember on Halloween I finally got the courage to tell her and she ran away from me. She didn't talk to me for a month until she finally got comfortable and eventually forgot about it. I don't wanna talk to her about it though because I can't almost lose her again, not again..

(HIII UM I'M SORRY FOR NOT POSTING IN A WHILE BUT I GOT A BIT STRESSED WITH SCHOOL AND LIFE I'M TRYING TO GET PASS MY WRITER'S BLOCK AND WRITE AGAIN. ALSO I'M RUNNING OUT OF IDEAS ABOUT SCENARIOS SO YEA. 😭)