II: 1912

{Part I of IV}

{a/n: Yes! One part done, two more to go! Wish me luck angels... I really really want to finish it... I hope I can pull another good story for all of you...}

////////

{1912}

Southampton, UK

It is already in the middle of spring of that same year when Jeon Jungkook, a young Psychiatrist, finally decided to go to New York for some bigger opportunity for his career... He is set to leave on the 10th of April 1912 by the newly completed ship called "The RMS Titanic"... Although he initially plan to board on the RMS Olympic, Jungkook had several doubts about his future in a foreign land, before he proceed in his current decision... A friend of his, by the name of Dr. Min Yoongi, a surgeon, sent him a mail about his hospital hiring new doctors, and Jungkook will be a good addition to their team... It is a great offer, considering that his old work didn't pay well due to the lack of financial help from the provincial government...

So right now, he is so busy packing his stuff to make sure that he won't forget anything, most especially that New York is so far from here... He already made his resignation letter which will be send on the very same day as his departure... His old landlady felt so sad upon hearing that the young doctor is planning to move out, as he was so kind and caring to her... And although she wishes him the best, she still wanted Jungkook to stay...

"If only the government would pay us well, Mrs. Smith... The  world may see our land to be the home of wealth and power, yet they lack of sympathy to their people and left them to die without giving them an opportunity to live... What a shame for us in medical field to see our patients slowly dying... And no, I won't forgive myself if I continue acting blind by the system... I will leave this land, and will never forget the people..." He said.

"Then I will pray for your safe journey young man... May this decision will change your life forever... I know how hard it is for you to leave your beloved land just to have better opportunities, but I know that our Lord will guide you..." Mrs. Smith smile, giving him a rosary as a gift. "You can always come back here if you think you needed some time to rest... You are always welcome, Jungkookie..."

"Thank you for being so good to me Mrs. Smith... I promise, I'll send you lots of letters and even pictures of New York, so that you won't miss me much..." The younger embrace. "I'm gonna miss you and your version of Sunday roast..."

"I'm gonna miss you too, child..."

///////

Leaving his country to marry someone that he didn't know is by far, the most excruciating thing that ever happened to Jimin's life... For one, he doesn't even know who that guy he is marrying to, and for sure, they will never fall in love to each other, like ever... But when his dad's company is at stake, he surely can't say no to his mom... (well, his gold digger of a mother) He needs to make sure that his father's last wish to continue his business won't go to vain... So yeah, he just hope that the marriage will become successful, and that his future husband is good enough to help his family's business...

"You should be thankful that your soon to be husband Jun is being kind enough to take us to New York, as you two will finally tie the knot..." His mother said as she finally board the ship. "And to be honest, this ship looks wonderful, and somehow luxurious..."

Jimin internally scoffs. His mother always put money and status above all... "Well of course mother, aren't you the one who suggest that we should marry on the foreign land? You always dreamed of something big, that's why you hand out 500 invitations for the people, even if the number and their presence are not important at all..."

His mother stare at him as if he is the most insufferable person on the ship. "Language young man! If it's not for Jun, your father's company—"

"Yeah yeah I know... Dad's company will be declare its bankruptcy... You remind me everyday..." He rolls his eyes. "But you know what mother? If only you could accept that we're no longer part of the higher society? Maybe I can save myself from marrying someone I didn't know... Maybe now, I'm in the comfort of my room, doing paintings and sculpture, just like what dad wants me to do... But instead of fulfilling my father's will, where am I? Oh wait, I'm here... In this luxurious ship with my mom, waiting for a wedding that I don't approve, but I HAVE TO, cause I have no other choice..."

The woman was taken aback with her son's sudden outburst... She knew that this would happen anytime soon, but she didn't expect it to be as soon as they board the ship... It's embarrassing! And although she wanted to bark back at her son, the said boy is already gone to his room; Leaving the woman alone...

//////

Jungkook already board the same ship earlier that day... Thanks to his landlady, he is several minutes early than the departure... He is so excited to see the entire ship when he heard a conversation between a mother and her child... Poor boy, he doesn't have a choice but to marry someone he doesn't want... He seems good for his age; with his refined manner and taste in art... And although he hasn't seen his face, he is more than sure that the latter is beautiful...

So when Jungkook saw someone running at the end of the ship, he knew exactly who he was... The young doctor follow him where Jimin is and was horrified when he saw that the younger is trying to jump and kill himself...

"Don't do it..." Jungkook said, trying his best not to overwhelm the younger. "You should come back to the deck or you might accidentally fall..."

Jimin looks at the side of the rails and meet the eyes of a handsome man... "Don't come any closer... You're not involved here!"

"But I am now..." He shrugs. "I saw you before you jump and then what? I didn't even care? What do you think am I?"

Jimin frowns. "But I don't want to come back there too... I feel like I'm not my own self... People using me for being weak, and I'd rather die than to pretend that it didn't hurt..."

"But if you die, you will not be able to see if you can change your life or not... Don't get me wrong okay? But dying without trying is pointless... You're trying to escape your fate here, but is it worth it?" Jimin didn't realize that Jungkook already took small steps closer to him.

"But what if it didn't change? What if I still have to marry someone I don't love?" He feels so small in the stranger's eyes.

"Then find someone for you, love him, elope and then boom! Congratulations, your life has change!" Jungkook chuckled.
"Sometimes you need to break rules in order for you to become free..."

Jungkook offered his hand to the young boy and help him leave the railings... Both of them felt relieved once they  were on the farthest bench on the ship... This is the start... A new life for both of them... They talk and talk about life, introducing themselves to each other as the sky turns darker... Jimin thanked his new found friend for stopping him on his plan, and Jungkook is more than happy to help...

Maybe this journey helped them achieving a new found hope?