17

♡♡♡

♡♡♡

period one had begun, sighs and low murmur filled the room, the clock ticked - each second feeling longer than the last. students pulled out their books and pencil cases from the compartment underneath their desks in preparation for the class. sunghoon didn't even move.

he held his phone, open on an message conversation. the contact read 'jaeyun', and yet there was no jaeyun in the room, no jake. the boy scrolled through the blue bubbles he had sent, and the small grey 'delivered' text beneath it.

'jake'
'where are you?'
'come to class'
'are you sick?'
'please say your are coming today'
'jake??'
'hellooooo???'

delivered.

the seat infront of him was untouched, unmoved and empty. sunghoon abruptly stood up making the chair slide across the floor with a screech. he got a few looks but walked out of the room quickly. checking the chat again, he saw a grey bubble from the other, three dots flashed before disappearing. and then a single word appeared on his screen.

'bathroom.'

and the dark haired male wasted no time, his footsteps getting further and further apart as he broke into a run. through the hall, down the stairs, past classes and a few people in the hallway. until he reached a familiar door with a stick figure sign on it.

it felt like the first day he met jake. but this time he was jake in the situation.

"hey?"

a soft hum came in response from the last cubicle, the same one sunghoon had been found in by jake, he walked in the direction of the hum and he could smell a strange scent but that was not important now.

"it's open." jake spoke quietly through the silence of the empty bathroom. sunghoon push the door with one hand and revealed a most beautiful boy, or a most beautiful boy in his opinion. he sat cross legged on the closed toilet seat with a hoodie underneath his blazer, covering most of his hair, with a few strands peaking through. his head tilted back against the wall as he stared right back at sunghoon. jake's eyes had slight bags underneath and glassy red eyes above.

only then did he notice the cylindrical tube stuck between his lips, an orange and white cigarette, with a light trail of smoke coming out of the end of it.

"since when did you smoke?" sunghoon asked leaning against the frame of the cubical with his arms crossed against his chest.

"since today.." jake said as he removed the cigarette from in between his lips and let out a puff of smoke, sighing slowly in relief.

"thanks for comi-" jake spoke before he was cut off by sunghoon taking the cigarette from between his fingers and pressing the lit side against the wall until the flame sizzled and went out. leaving a small circular burn mark on the wall.

"don't smoke okay? you'll get addicted.. just talk to me, tell me if there's something wrong. okay?" sunghoon spoke so gently, like a mother would to it's baby.

"and you don't think i'll get addicted to this...?" jake said as his voice trailed off into silence, his gaze focused on sunghoon's face, his little moles, his tinted lips and the tiny sparkle in his eyes.

"what is it?" sunghoon said, standing straight now and taking small steps closer to the boy seated in front of him until he stood directly in front of him, an inch away from touching him. jake remained unmoved but his expression softened, just the tiniest bit, and sunghoon could tell, just by the way his eyes widened slightly and the way his shoulders relaxed.

the tips of sunghoon's fingertips grazed the side of jake's face, tracing his jaw smoothly until he reached the bottom of his chin, tilting his head up slowly so jake would be looking right into the taller male's eyes.

"n-nothing."

♡♡♡

jake was sure his heart skipped more than just a beat, he could so vividly remember the way sunghoon's fingers felt against his skin, tingling almost as he trailed them down towards his chin as he sat in class. his soft unfazed gaze that looked into his own eyes. the tension between them grew strong and jake could feel himself about to explode and so he had abruptly sat up, breaking eye contact with he black haired male and pushed him aside to step out of the cubical. had he stayed a little longer would they have kissed? again?

"c-cmon, we are late." is what jake stuttered out before turning away and leaving the bathroom, without a second thought. he was going to lose his mind because of sunghoon.

the pair had not mentioned that day, the day that they pressed their own lips against each other, jake thought about it constantly, always in the back of his mind. was it a mistake? a mistake? that would just be a stupid excuse to kiss someone. jake even remembered joking with sunghoon right afterwards to kiss him again, and he did. surely... that's not a mistake?

but it had to be...

the ashy flavour still remained in his mouth from before, he couldn't concentrate at all, there was simply too much on his mind. well, mostly just sunghoon. scanning the classroom, he had almost forgotten about jay. he hadn't seen him since the day sunghoon didn't show up to school, only to drag him away suddenly and...

kiss. him.

jake turned to the window on his left, the little speckles of students filled the courtyard as they played sport, was it basketball? soccer? he couldn't tell. he considered talking to Jay about sunghoon, but then again, it wasn't like they were very close, and what did he say the other day? something about someone being cute? jungwon was it??

so much had happened in the span of a few days. everything was a blur, a fever dream. maybe when he woke up from this, he would be back in australia living a normal life, a life where he didn't know about sunghoon and the feelings he could feel when he was with him. would it be better to be oblivious of these things or have experienced it?

he was instantly reminded of sunghoon's sweet smile, and his cherry tinted lips that lined it. not being able to have seen that would be a waste. so he decided, he'd rather not wake up from this little fever dream of his. he'll stay a little longer.. maybe even forever if things begin to work out.

♡♡♡

a/n
sorry for inactivity !!!!

w/c | 1097
101122