Chapter 52

"first week back"

Andrew's POV

"Hungover?" Nathan laughed as he put some stuff in his locker while I leaned my head in agony on mine.

"Can you quiet down a bit? You're loud." I told him which made him throw the book into the locker making me jump back. "Ow, dumbass!"

"Now, who's being loud?" He laughed at my reaction. "Honestly man this can't keep going on if we want to win the championship."

"It won't." I groaned as I rubbed my temple. "When the season starts I'll be brand new." Nathan just gave me an unamused look. "Maybe."

I saw Haley and Lucas approaching which earned a sigh from Nate.

"Uh...143. It must be alphabetical." I heard Lucas say as they stepped into hearing range.

"Which means," Haley's eyes started with me then drifted to her husband or ex-husband. I don't even know anymore.

"Should've used your stage name." Nate remarked as he closed his locker and left, leaving me with the two best friends.

"Hey, Andrew," Haley greeted as I awkwardly smiled. Haley and I haven't spoken much since she's been back in town. It isn't her fault though, shutting everyone out of your life is less complex. "Lucas said he saw you at the party the other night but then you were nowhere to be seen."

I saw Lucas glance at me before looking at the girl beside him. Now when it came to him, it was obvious that our friendship turned sour. It didn't take a genius to figure that out.

"Yeah, left early," I replied. Okay, this is enough awkwardness for me. "Well, I'm gonna go pick up my schedule so I'll see you around." I smiled before I turned in the direction of the office.

I have nothing against, Haley. I'm friends with Nate and that might be complicated but it's not my drama to get into. They'll work it out, I don't doubt that.

~

"I am now with Andrew Stone, the starting Point Guard of the Tree Hill Ravens." Mouth introduced out of nowhere as he took the position of walking beside me. "Andrew, could this be the year the Ravens win State?"

"If everyone plays like I'm playing, we should," I respond as I kept my eyes up front.

"What about your chemistry with the team, more specifically Lucas Scott?" He asked, making me scrunch up my face in confusion. What the hell?

"What are talking about, Mouth?" I inquired, wondering why the question.

"The whole drama between you two. I mean if I was in your position with that surfer dude, it would ruin everything just like what he did to my relationship!"