Chapter 13

"I'm really sorry about what happened. It was my idea, it was all my fault. Your parents should have yelled at me, not you."

"That's okay. They didn't yell at me. Not much anyway."

"Are you in trouble? They're not going to disown you or anything, are they?"

"No. But they say that I'm not allowed to see you anymore. They told me that you're no good."

"Do you believe that?"

"No. No! Never! I don't care what my parents think, you're wonderful and I love you."

"Marry me then."

"What?"

"They can't keep us apart if we're married, right?"

"But we're so young, and our parents will never accept it. They don't even believe we're old enough to know what love is."

"Our parents maybe smarter than us but that doesn't mean they're always right. We know that we love each other, and that this isn't just teenage affection. Getting married would prove that to them."

"Still they'd never let us do it."

"Then we'll run away. Just the two of us."

"And break their hearts? Do you have any idea what that would do to our families? I love you and I don't want to leave you, but I can't just hurt my parents like that and I don't think you would want to hurt yours like that either."

"You're...You're right. Just running away and getting married like that, it would crush them."

"We'll find someway to stay together. It just can't be that way. Not now at least."

"So we'll wait. We'll wait and I'll try to make something of myself. So I can change your parents's impression of me, and once I succeed at that, we can get married. That is, if you'll have me."

"That depends, will you be there for me when it really counts?"

"Yes I will. I promise that I'll always be there to protect you and to make you happy. You'll never want for anything."

"Then of course I'll marry you."

"And I know I'll never be good enough for you, but I'm going to spend the rest of my life trying to be, because there is nothing and no one, I love more than you."

...

When Moxxie awoke, he felt a great pain in his head and a dizziness all around. He hadn't felt this horrible since that one night where he and Millie got themselves drunk on moonshine. But the morning after that crazy night was nothing compared to this.

"Lie still Mr. Hamiliton. I not quite done yet."

When Moxxie's vision cleared, he discovered Stolas looming over him, finishing up with cleaning and bandaging a gash on his forehead.

"Professor Goetia?" He said. "Oh God, please tell me that last night my drink wasn't spiked and I didn't go to bed with you."

Stolas chuckled.

"No, no, my good man. I can assure you that, unlike myself, you have remained completely true to your wife. I'm only here because in college I took first aid classes during my spare time."

"First aid? Why do I need first aid? What's going on here? Where's my family?"

"Calm down. We were attacked by an animal last night and it mildly injured you, your wife, and Blitzy."