five -- kisses from coma

author's note: wowowowow!!! thank you so much for 230+ reads! that's awesome! don't forget to vote if you like this :) feedback is greatly appreciated!!!! i'll also try to make chapters longer. but, this chapter will be pretty short because it's a filler chapter.

I was lying in my bed, waiting to fall asleep when it hit. Panic. My breathing quickened and I could feel my heart about to explode out of my chest. I clenched my jaw and tried not to scream, not that I would even be able to anyway. My vision blurred and I squeezed my eyes shut, trying to push away the memories that were flooding back to me. But they wouldn't stop and I was sweating and I couldn't breathe.

No. No. No.

After a few tense minutes, the panic ceased and I began to calm down. The attacks had been coming more often than usual, my last one being on New Year's Eve. I had to learn to let go. But how could I when HE was constantly taking over my thoughts? I had only ever told 2 people about HIM, Ivy and Jackson, and of course my adoptive parents knew. I took a deep breath, letting myself finally fall asleep.

* * *

I met CC at a coffee shop at 10:00 the next morning. He had already been waiting for me and greeted me with a hug. I awkwardly patted his back and sat down. Hugs aren't really my thing, at least with people I don't know that well.

"Long time, no see." he said, grinning.

"Mhm. So how are you?" I asked.

"Great!"

And suddenly he was leaning forward and his lips were on mine and I pushed him away.

"WHAT WAS THAT?" I shrieked, wiping my mouth with the back of my hand. A few people turned to stare.

CC looked a bit confused. "Ivy told Jinxx who told me that she thinks you like me."

It felt like middle school again, communicating through layers of people to figure out who liked who.

"Um... no offense, but I've only known you for like a day." It was like those stupid fan fictions in which relationships moved way too fast and people got engaged after two dates.

"I'm really sorry, Keira. I know I made a move way too fast."

"It's fine... But I should go." I grabbed my leather backpack and shuffled out of the coffee shop.

So far two guys from the same band had hit on me.

I unlocked my apartment door and Ivy looked at me, raising one eyebrow. "Back so early?"

"Why did you tell Jinxx that I liked CC? I barely know the guy!!"

Ivy could tell I was pissed. She shrugged. "You two seemed to hit it off really well."

"He kissed me. It was so awkward!" I groaned.

Ivy grimaced. "That sounds awkward. Anyway, tell you what. I talked to Andy and we decided to go bowling tonight. I'll be there to supervise if anything happens."

"I should really stop taking your advice and going out with all these guys," I said to Ivy, "but I'll go."

"Yasss!" she exclaimed and I rolled my eyes at her white girl-ness.

That night, I would be reunited with the person that ruined the New Year's Eve party for me. But I was excited.

SONGS

▶The Love Club by Lorde

▶Knives and Pens by Black Veil Brides

▶King for a Day by Pierce the Veil ft. Kellin Quinn

▶Bulls in the Bronx by Pierce the Veil

▶Caraphernelia by Pierce the Veil